• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Which one...

cbosshog79

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Henderson County, Texas
I am looking at two rifles and trying to decide which one will be money better spent. They are about the same price with the Remington being slightly cheaper. What do you guys think as far as quality and resale... Both are in .308.

FNH PBR

-OR-

Remington 700 LTR

Re: Which one...

Pick Remmy LTR just because it has more after market parts.

diddo! the aftermarket support on the 700's dominates anything else out there! FN makes a fine rifle but i would go with the 700 without ? or hesitation

Thanks for the input fellows. I have always been a remington guy but am nearly disheartened to hear that selection voiced. I have had my eye on a PBR for quite some time and now have an opportunity to pick one up...

Has anyone out there owned a FN or shot it? Any opinions on the rifle itself?

+1 on the LTR

The one I had would be sufficient for most right out of the box. A good one to build on.

I would take the Rem 700 over the PBR but if you like the FN rifles try looking at the SPR. You can get anything you would need for those rifles, just not as many of the same thing made by different people.

LTR. Now if I had the cash, I'd go with the SPR A3

I have no experience with the LTR and remingtons have always been great rifles, but I do have a FN SPR and it has been a very good rifle and shoots better than I can shoot. You do have to do a little more digging for aftermarket parts. The first upgrade I would do if I bought the FN is send it to Jeff at CDI precision and get him to put new bottom metal on it to accept the AI mags. Other than that shoot the heck out of it.