• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which plate carrier

Re: which plate carrier

I wore a Paraclete SOHPC in Afghanistan for 7 months. Other than adding a little padding to the shoulder straps, it was amazing.

I'm partial to Eagle and Paraclete gear although Diamondback Tactical, SOTech, and Tactical Tailor all make great stuff as well.

As long as it's American made, it should serve you well regardless of the brand. Just find one with the features you want.

ETA: Make sure you are using stand-alone plates or if you have ICW plates, make sure you have plate backers or full soft armor underneath.

My favorite PC is the DBT Advanced Warrior.
img1824copy.jpg

I'm pretty big on having soft armor behind my plates, and the DBT AW has the soft armor integrated into the carrier and it's padded pretty well for comfort. I bought the armored cumberbund and shoulder pad inserts and find it to offer just as much protection for the most part as my Eagle CIRAS and DBT Predator vest.

London Bridge Trading 6094 series is good to go and its a plate carrier comes in multicam that they stock. i just got one. $320

Are looking for one that will hold soft armor? Do you need this for combat apps or just to hold mag pouches and whatnot. DK' s setup is pretty good. I also like Eagle or Paraclete. I am not however a fan of the zipper in front. I like the flap that goes over the velcro. See DK's setup. I currently use the Paraclete with the zipper in the front and it is shit. The zipper tears off the cummerbund and is not easy to zip up if you have alot of weight on you. If you don't need armor then just get a Condor plate carrier or a rhodesian and be done with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking for a plate carrier with molle, what is good and what is junk ? </div></div>

Still stocking up for the zombiepocalypse I see.

I may be wrong, but my belief is this:

If you're doing something that requires a plate, it will (or should) be issued to you or you should NOT be doing whatever it is that you are doing.

Thus, if you need one, you will have some experience and input based on what you have seen/used. And if have no clue on the matter, there is probably a reason for this.

And finally, should there ever be a domestic situation that may warrant the use of this type of armor, one might consider the added weight versus GETTING THE FUCK OUT OF THERE.

sorry for late responce internet was down yesterday.

i want the plate carrier for one reason, their is a place locally to do 3 gun and gun and run, i want the plate carrier mainly cause of a precaution, i want to do this but what if some jackass slips pulles his trigger or well you just never know, i though it would be better safe then sorry to get one even though ya it will be heavy but i would rather have the extra weight and be safe.

are any of the other plate carrier vest good such as black hawk and voodoo

what carriers are junk and not worth they thread used to make them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i want the plate carrier for one reason, their is a place locally to do 3 gun and gun and run...</div></div>
You want body armor for weekend matches? That's gay.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i want the plate carrier mainly cause of a precaution, i want to do this but what if some jackass slips pulles his trigger or well you just never know</div></div>
What if said jackass has a kid that is making pipe bombs, just to play it safe you probably should look into more protection.
grin.gif

EOD9_2_F.jpg

double_facepalm_lg.jpg

JB, if you are going to this level of "safety" you might want to consider the high number of self-inflicted gun shot wounds. So just to be on the safe side, I think you should get rid of all of your guns, knives, pointy sticks, and rocks weighing over 5 lbs. A nice man will be there tomorrow to cover your electrical outlets and pad the corners of your coffee table.

Your posts are becoming increasingly retarded......keep fighting the good fight, buddy
wink.gif

First the whole "Zombie Battle Rifle" I wouldn't be able to hit someone with the butt stock shit. Now this?!

maybe, how do i size the vest, i did have a small vest that i though fit but a few guys said it was to short, i am not sure if i should get a medium or large

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i want the plate carrier for one reason, their is a place locally to do 3 gun and gun and run, i want the plate carrier mainly cause of a precaution, i want to do this but what if some jackass slips pulles his trigger or well you just never know, i though it would be better safe then sorry to get one even though ya it will be heavy but i would rather have the extra weight and be safe.

are any of the other plate carrier vest good such as black hawk and voodoo

what carriers are junk and not worth they thread used to make them </div></div>

Please never, ever stop posting.... ever. I have now realized how reckless & unprepared I have been. I will follow this thread so that I know exactly what items are most needed for my next match or range session. Kudos to you because without you posting I would have never have thought of wearing armor to the range.
crazy.gif

If your RO's are doing their job, getting shot at a 3-gun match shouldn't be a concern because NO ONE WILL HAVE A ROUND OR MAGAZINE IN THEIR GUN EXCEPT THE PERSON SHOOTING.

Also, I have yet to shoot a 3-gun match that required you to carry 180+ rounds of rifle ammo at a time. The most mandatory reloads I have had to do in a match was two. If you're looking for something for 3-gun, why not get a lightweight vest with some mag pouches on it?

Yea, doorkicker is a civilian and he just might have more armor than I do. BTW, I am a civilian too. No, really. Google up civilian = not a member of his/her countries military. Hard one to sell in my world full of cops
cool.gif
Silly Civilians = Silyvilians

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joey762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking for a plate carrier with molle, what is good and what is junk ? </div></div>

If you're doing something that requires a plate, it will (or should) be issued to you or you should NOT be doing whatever it is that you are doing.

Thus, if you need one, you will have some experience and input based on what you have seen/used. And if have no clue on the matter, there is probably a reason for this.

And finally, should there ever be a domestic situation that may warrant the use of this type of armor, one might consider the added weight versus GETTING THE FUCK OUT OF THERE.</div></div>

Body Armor is perfectly legal for any law-abiding citizen to own.

It seems like a lot of people seem to have the same anti-body armor beliefs as most of the anti-gunners out there. </div></div>

Joey, you are a moron and possibly illiterate. No where in my post or even this thread has anyone questioned the legality of body armor. Remove head from ass before posting.

You made a very basic inference on my implication

My implications were as follows
1) illegal activity (should not do)
2) Poor tactical and self defense decision making (also bad)
3) Poor life decisions to put him or her into a position to be attracting rifle fire (as a civilian) (
frown.gif
)

I for the life of me can not think of a REALISTIC situation where a CIVILIAN would significantly benefit from a bulky plate. Sound planning, situational awareness, and plain old fashioned mobility are more likely to keep you alive.

Body Armor Plates at a 3 Gun??? Screw that noise! After wearing that stinking IBA for a year straight, and hauling around the OTV for 6 months of training I hate that stuff. At a range or at a competition if you get hit with some assclown's negigent round, baby, it was just your time to go. Shoot, roll your dice and take your chances and drive on. Leave the full on tac gear for those who need it for a real job. If you can handle wearing that swaet bringing piece of gear for 24 hours straight then buy up man, otherwise just leave it alone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joey762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whether you want to believe I was wrong in my assumptions or not, your post clearly made the inference he was up to some illegal activity based solely that he was not provided body armor for whatever his purpose was. This is the same logic that the anti-gunners use when a citizen wants to purchase a handgun, or a semiautomatic rifle. </div></div>

I know damn well that Black UMP is not up to any illegal activity...he's not smart enough to get away with it. And again, I never made any reference to anyone's right to purchase (nor have I ever). I'm more concerned with need. Please enlighten me to ANY LOGICAL (logical being the key term) where someone not involved in public safety or national defense is knowingly and genuinely at risk of taking a significant amount of rifle fire. Short of crime, I'm stumped on that one.

And please don't lump me in to this anti-gun bullshit you are spewing. It's the same logic as this:

I have no problem with anyone owning a 50BMG. What I do have a problem is the jackass popping off rounds in his back 40 and is dropping ricochets into his neighbor's back yards. Or people trying to go "akimbo" at their local range because they saw it on a video game. I simply believe that colossal stupidity should be a waiver of one's right to bare arms as it is a threat to the life and safety of anyone around them. Black UMP was put in this category when he made a post about his concern of his not being able to club zombies with his HK USC conversion....case closed.

Ive been running an Eagle CIRUS Land version for over 3yrs now. I gets worn every day while in country. I have it pretty much fully kitted out, weighs a ton now but handles the weight brilliantly. Is fairly cumfortable to wear for long periods (then again no plate carriers are here). Have had zero faults or defects the whole time Ive owned it. Lots of adjustment and the cut away feature is great (have had mates trapped in vehicles so this was a must for me). Id get the sholder pads that take kevlar and pop some foam in them for a bit of extra cumfort too. I cant fault this peice of kit.

O yea, Im usually a Large, but got the medium as a much better fit with adjustments either way.
(Just read the entire thread after I posted, Wow this was interesting. My kit is used over here in the sandbox. Ill have to agree, I cant think of any other situation where regular Joe public would need plates. my 5c.)

i think if we spend our time wondering why certain people want different things, we would be doing this nonstop 24/7.

most people outside of the gun circles would be asking what a 'civilian' even needs a 'sniper rifle' for anyway, let alone thousands of rounds of ammo, 3K scopes, night vision, 'assault weapons,' 'high cap mags,' etc.

we could also ask the same about people with hopped up fast cars that dont 'professionally' race, people with 1200$ chain saws that arent loggers, people with snap on tools that arent mechanics, 6 months worth of stored food, generators for 'just in case,' etc ad infinitum

its all subjective

The question is not why. It's why not.If need comes into the mix freedom gets watered down.I want all the things I can get but need very little.Air ,water and food everything else is just want.It is the one that asks why that has no better input and feels a need to reply.Perhaps that is the only time why really is needed!
Scot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think if we spend our time wondering why certain people want different things, we would be doing this nonstop 24/7.

most people outside of the gun circles would be asking what a 'civilian' even needs a 'sniper rifle' for anyway, let alone thousands of rounds of ammo, 3K scopes, night vision, 'assault weapons,' 'high cap mags,' etc.

we could also ask the same about people with hopped up fast cars that dont 'professionally' race, people with 1200$ chain saws that arent loggers, people with snap on tools that arent mechanics, 6 months worth of stored food, generators for 'just in case,' etc ad infinitum

its all subjective</div></div> +1,000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking for a plate carrier with molle, what is good and what is junk ? </div></div>

And finally, should there ever be a domestic situation that may warrant the use of this type of armor, one might consider the added weight versus GETTING THE FUCK OUT OF THERE. </div></div>

+1 couldnt have said it better, but if you really want it I've always loved everything EAGLE

not sure about carriers but sure that you dont wanna forget to get a ballistic mask and paint on a nice smiley face.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the eagle carrier with cummerbund is GTG
might be hard to find though i think they recently got a big contract </div></div>

I have one of these for sale listed in the For sale section, or check my posts.