• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which primer pocket swager?

abilliott

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2010
Carthage, Texas
Guys i need to order me a primer pocket swager. I have heard that the press mounted ones are a pain so I don't think i want one of those, but which one and what advise would you guys give someone starting out and needs a swager tool?

Thanks for the help guys!

Re: Which primer pocket swager?

Dillon all the way. It is very nice and works well. Do a You Tube search and you can watch videos of how it runs.

Reno

Yeap, the Dillon Super Swage 600 - works great and is pretty fast to use.

Chamfer the primer pocket with the same case mouth deburring tool. Works for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1236</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chamfer the primer pocket with the same case mouth deburring tool. Works for me. </div></div>

This works but the Dillon is simply unbeatable

I have cut the crimp out with several different tools and have two different swaging tools. The RCBS works, but is a lot of work. The Dillon works better. Go Dillon! Lightman

I got a Dillon a year back, but I've also used the Hornady reaming bits to good effect and for many years.

Chris

Dillon, don't bother with anything else. I had the RCBS one and gave it away, it's more of a torture device for the reloader than anything....

I had the Dillon and ended up selling it because I could do more faster and complete with the RCBS deburring tool. I never could figure out why but sometimes, the swager didn't swage enough and I would have to use the deburring tool anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1lnbrdg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had the Dillon and ended up selling it because I could do more faster and complete with the RCBS deburring tool. I never could figure out why but sometimes, the swager didn't swage enough and I would have to use the deburring tool anyways. </div></div>

Different web thickness. Gotta sort by headstamp.