• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Which profile barrel will fit a standard trg22

JvT_404

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2009
CPT in SA
Hi everyone

Looking to purchase a 30 inch barrel for my trg22 for use in FTR once I have shot the life out of my current 26 inch factory barrel.

I have noticed that the trg22 does not have a massive barrel channel. Especially not with that accessory side clip that is bolted to the left side of the barrel channel on the front of the chassis. Last thing I want to do is get a barrel in too large a profile only to find that the barrel presses against the aluminum front end somewhere.

Any suggestions for typical profiles that should work? I was hoping I would be able to use something like a medium Palma contour?

Thanks for the help.......
JvT

Re: Which profile barrel will fit a standard trg22

I think Med Palma is near the closest to the std TRG contour

The TRG barrel channel itself will accept a barrel of over 1.250" straight through. The problem like you mentioned is the accessory rail, which can be removed if necessary.

The factory contour is fairly light by "tactical" rifle standards. I believe Benchmark says they have the exact TRG profile programmed. Good luck,
Justin

I use a medium Palma contour, and it's not even close to touching the sling mount.

Thanks for the help. I measured the TRG barrel diameter just in front of the stock fore-end and it was just over .880 inches. I was hoping that a normal medium palma would fit the bill, and it appears that it will. 31 inch medium palma barrel soon to be on order!

Thanks
JvT

1.160 Breech diameter, about .850 @ 26" is the largest you can go and keep the side mount. If you remove the side mount you can go up to about .900 @ 26" Finish.

I'm looking to have my TRG42 rebarreled as well. Are these diameters the same on the 42?