• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which QD Larue Mount for Vortex PST 1-4 on SR15?

JDT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2009
NC
Subjects says it all. Which mount for the KAC SR15 or SR25 for that matter will be used for both. Used for 3 gun matches not precision shooting.

Re: Which QD Larue Mount for Vortex PST 1-4 on SR15?

LT-104 is what I've always used for my SR. Should work with the Vortex

LT-111 is the one I used

IMG_0777.jpg

I have an ADR-X, like it allot.

Have found it returns to zero much better than the LT-104 running previously - but I did get a free hat with the LaRue mount, and some dillo dust!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elcam</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_at_Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This what we recommend http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vort...e-3-inch-offset

Scott </div></div>

What about the ADR model Scott? I was about to buy one, but now I'm not sure which on to get for my AR-15? </div></div>You can use the 2" or 3". I generally will use the 3" with the 1-4 PST as it has quite a bit of eye relief.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_at_Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elcam</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_at_Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This what we recommend http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vort...e-3-inch-offset

Scott </div></div>

What about the ADR model Scott? I was about to buy one, but now I'm not sure which on to get for my AR-15? </div></div>You can use the 2" or 3". I generally will use the 3" with the 1-4 PST as it has quite a bit of eye relief.

Scott </div></div>

Scott, what about a 4-16 or greater PST?

If you have a fixed front sight, all the above mounts will place the front sight directly in the center of the the FOV on a 1-4 scope, higher powered scopes you probably won't notice too much.

You need a lower 1/3 co-witness mount (center of scope minimum 1.65" or even higher is better) on the lower powered scopes.

I have an NF 1-4x24 mounted in a LaRue LT-135, which definitely puts it up there (1.93" above rail) if you need that kind of height for co-witness. I've been very happy with it.

That's a handsome set up. As to the ops question I have used the Larue LT-104 it was good, but it did chew up my vltor vis rail a bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snwghst</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LT-111 is the one I used

IMG_0777.jpg
</div></div>

Just mounted one in a LT-104. Seems like a perfect fit to me.

SPR-E if all you have is a flat top.

If you shoot NTCH the SPR-E (extended) will be the safe bet. My PST 1-4 is in a Bobro Extended and it's working well for me. From prone, with the stock pulled in tight, I end up at NTCH.

If your head position is further back on the stock, the standard LaRue SPR Lt-104 would probably work.

I tend to crawl the stock and mount my scopes a little further out than most people.

Edited to add pic:
SPR-PST1x4010510.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camaroguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a handsome set up. As to the ops question I have used the Larue LT-104 it was good, but it did chew up my vltor vis rail a bit.

</div></div>
Thats the same issue I found with Larue, I would turn to the BOBRO and ADM mounts if It was me.

Bobro non-extended is fantastic! (no it doesnt normally sit that far back)
9af55248.jpg

I always used the SPR 1.5 quick detach great mount.....

Thanks guys for all the help, after listening to your comments I think I may need the 2 inch model instead of 3 inch as I do not shoot NTCH anymore, I shoot with the stock extended so eye relief wouldn't be as close as it would if I shot NTCH. Scott your mount looks awesome, I think I will give one a try, means a lot to me and Im sure most guys when a mfg of a product will take the time to answer a question on a forum like this. Are your mounts available and ready to ship, the link was to your website so Im assuming I can order it straight from vortex or are there dealers on here with them already.

I am using the Bobro Extended. Really liking it and the 1-4 PST.

Now if my 6-24 PST would just get here.