• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which QD mount?

mckelveymx

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Alabama
Bought a Leupold MK6 1-6 to go on an AR15 build. I'm looking for a quick detach mount that will return to zero. What do you guys recommend?

Larue is no where near as rugged as Alamo. Never had bobro but I used to run larue until a friend at a course showed up with Alamo dloc and was very impressed. You have 2 small cross slots to lock in the picatinny rail with larue. With Alamo, you have 6!! They run across the entire surface of the picatinny as well. Amount of clamping surface with the larue versus alamo is also a fraction.

6 full locking bars with Alamo versus 2 with larue guarantees better lock up and zero repeat, especially under harsh conditions like dropping your rifle, slamming getting out of vehicle, hitting the deck, etc.

Last edited:
I have the same optic on my AR15. I use a Alamo 4 star.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

im using larue right now and even tho I get good results, I think my next QD mount will be a bobro.... ill have to look into the Alamo also

I have 3 Bobros. I've yet to need to adjust a zero, and my scopes get swapped around and removed for cleaning a lot. I've not made a study of how much the poi/poa changes, but I'd say it's less than 1/4 MOA. The one that gets used most is mounting a USO with 1/2 MOA clicks. There's never been a case where adjusting my zero by one click wouldn't make it worse, not better.

I've not tried a GDI, but they have a good reputation. Damn spendy though.

For the money its hard to beat bobro. The GDIs are awesome but damn its like buying another scope, the alamo mounts are nice as well but I hate the way they do the tension screws that stick out. If they came up with a lower profile and and left side attach I'd like them more.

We run ADM QDs and have been impressed with the quality. Shift isn't much if any as I can hit a 3x3 diamond each time. That is for a deer rifle though.

If I could not get those, a Bobro would be next.

i have the Bobro 30mm mount and have had no issues swapping that between rifles.