• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which rear bag

Considering buying my first bag. There are lots of great suggestions here, and pictures too (thanks!). How does one decide? What are the characteristics that make a bag more versatile, or better than another?

Considering buying my first bag. There are lots of great suggestions here, and pictures too (thanks!). How does one decide? What are the characteristics that make a bag more versatile, or better than another?
This should make the decision easier!

I literally ran through countless bags and decided to make one when I found out that most of them are just bean bags with no thought put onto them!

Thanks! So, can you use a rear bag on a barricade, or do you need a barricade bag as well?

Thanks! So, can you use a rear bag on a barricade, or do you need a barricade bag as well?
If you are shooting matches/barricades I’d suggest the Recon Mini. It’s great as a rear bag as well. The ELR(rear)bag works fine on barricades but the Recon Mini is much, much better at it and it still works really well in the rear. I’d say stay with classic fill if you want to use it a lot as a rear bag.

Reactions: Back Spin
If I understand the “game” you are trying to shoot, I think you are spot on with a Protektor bag shooting off of the bench. I think you will get more consistent “benchrest” results running a bench rest bag (I have). I run the same bipod and a protector for load development out to 300 yards (All the distance I have at the current range). The bag is the right height for 100yds and the atlas gives enough vertical to move out farther.

Description
The benchrest DR Rear Bag has long ears which helps the gun track incredibly well. Has Mid Cordura 1/2" Triple Stitch Btwn. ears. The bottom is comprised of 4 layer hard donut bottom and is 4" tall to bottom of ears.

If I understand the “game” you are trying to shoot, I think you are spot on with a Protektor bag shooting off of the bench. I think you will get more consistent “benchrest” results running a bench rest bag (I have). I run the same bipod and a protector for load development out to 300 yards (All the distance I have at the current range). The bag is the right height for 100yds and the atlas gives enough vertical to move out farther.

View attachment 7088516

Description
The benchrest DR Rear Bag has long ears which helps the gun track incredibly well. Has Mid Cordura 1/2" Triple Stitch Btwn. ears. The bottom is comprised of 4 layer hard donut bottom and is 4" tall to bottom of ears.

View attachment 7088528
This was actually a thought when I designed our rear bag. How to get stability like a rabbit ear bag....without having to be seen using a rabbit ear bag lol. Look at the video above how the corners of the bag fold in on the stock. That is in the instructions that come with the bag. The locking fill will then hold the corners there and lock the stock from moving side-to-side. Watch how I beat the crap out of the stock and rather than moving and falling over it causes the gun to can’t instead.

While bunnies are cute and cuddly, they aren’t operator, at all. ? And you know we all are OAF.

I bought a precision underground elr bag a few weeks ago. Can’t say enough about it. The thing is so rock solid stable I was literally able to mount an level a scope with just the bag and bipod.

For a rear bag I use a squeezable Crosstac 6". Works pretty well for me.
I've been looking at this and think it might be the one for me. My crusty old wool sock with air gun pellets has worked, but I think there might be a better way. What kind of rifle/stock setup are you using this with? I have an RPR.

I've been looking at this and think it might be the one for me. My crusty old wool sock with air gun pellets has worked, but I think there might be a better way. What kind of rifle/stock setup are you using this with? I have an RPR.
I use this with all of my rifles. Grayboe Renegade, KRG Bravo, old Monte Carlo Remington Stock, etc. Works well with all of them. I’m sure some of the others listed here do also, and many of them are likely better, but it works for me.