• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which red dot for small carry pistol?

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
For usage on something small like a Hellcat or P365, which red dot would you recommend? For CCW/serious use.

I have a Holosun 407-GR-X2 on my Glock 48. It has good clarity and a daytime bright dot. The shake awake feature is great too.

I’ve heard good things about the EPS Carry but haven’t personally used one. I have a RMR on full sized gun and really like that as well.

I had the holosun HS5O7K X2 on my carry 43X mos and it was a pos I wouldn’t trust my life with it. I noticed the dot would shift by itself, occasionally the dot would disappear then reappear then it just stopped working. I went to change the battery out and couldn’t get the battery tray out. I had to get a screwdriver and pry it out. It took 2-3 months to get a new replacement with no communication from holosun that they received it.

Reactions: BurtG
I bought two Holosun EPS' and they're great. The 407's and 507's I've used all had a little edge distortion that bothered me. Haven't noticed any on the EPS.

Unfortunately, imo, the best right now is the Holosun EPS carry if your going on battery life, footprint, rugged housing, enclosed, shake awake, but still small and lightweight (long-term durability remains to be seen).

I don't like that it's a Chinese company either but that is what it is currently. Hopefully another company releases something soon to compete for the compact weapons market.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Shield RMSc. I have one on my 365xl and like it. Made in England.

Reactions: JDB55
For usage on something small like a Hellcat or P365, which red dot would you recommend? For CCW/serious use.

Hellcat and P365 don't belong in the same sentence as "serious use"

Serious use starts at M&PC/G19/P-07/P-10

When you say pistol optics and serious use the line begins and ends at Trijicon.

Reactions: Feesh
Unfortunately the best right now is the Holosun EPS carry if your going on battery life, footprint, rugged housing, enclosed, shake awake, but still small and lightweight (long-term durability remains to be seen).

LOL

The poors can say what they want, but Holosun is fucking trash.

I decided to give 507K’s a try a while back because of all the hype. I ordered 3 in total, to get 3 good ones I had to return 4 in total that were defective right out of the box. Yeah, great quality.

Then of those 3 good ones I finally got mounted up two of them had to go back to holosun for warranty within the first 500 rounds. One went back twice and was replaced under warranty. When they worked I did like them but the QC and reliability just isn’t there regardless what people like to say.

I’m running RMSW’s currently and they have been good. I wish they weren’t auto dimming only and that I could adjust the brightness but so far it hasn’t actually been an issue in the yearish I’ve had them and at least they work and aren’t commie goods.

Reactions: Bridgebuilder34
It actually has nothing to do with being poor in the micro sight segment, it's just that the micro optics on these micro pistols have not been explored or advanced enough by the higher end optics companies...yet. That is changing apparently (See CSTacticals post), but trijicon dropped the ball by requiring a plate and making up their own footprint. They should have used the shield rmsc footprint like most others are using, seems like they thought they could bring a standard with their micro sight like they did with the RMR and they were wrong. It was to late.

Also with many of these other micros, they will give you a lower 1/3rd-ish co-witness with standard height sights, so you don't have to spend even more money on suppressor height sights like when you have a plate. Other companies just need to advance their micro pistol optics and stop giving holosun and other Chinese manufactured sights a lay up.

The Shield RMSC is one made in England if you want to stay away from China like has been mentioned.

The poors can say what they want, but Holosun is fucking trash.

I decided to give 507K’s a try a while back because of all the hype. I ordered 3 in total, to get 3 good ones I had to return 4 in total that were defective right out of the box. Yeah, great quality.

Then of those 3 good ones I finally got mounted up two of them had to go back to holosun for warranty within the first 500 rounds. One went back twice and was replaced under warranty. When they worked I did like them but the QC and reliability just isn’t there regardless what people like to say.

I’m running RMSW’s currently and they have been good. I wish they weren’t auto dimming only and that I could adjust the brightness but so far it hasn’t actually been an issue in the yearish I’ve had them and at least they work and aren’t commie goods.
My experience was similar to yours in a way. I’m hesitant to install there new replacement on my carry piece.

Hellcat and P365 don't belong in the same sentence as "serious use"

Serious use starts at M&PC/G19/P-07/P-10

When you say pistol optics and serious use the line begins and ends at Trijicon.

That's like your opinion man...