• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which Reticle for the scope I'm Going to Purchase??

dariof

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2014
So NV & So CA
I am a newbie at rifle shooting with a scope, although I have been shooting pistols/rifles and reloading both for around 35 years.

I am looking to purchase a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP. My question is which reticle. I know I want MRAD, so my choices are EBR-1 or EBR-2C.

Any input would be appreciated, and thanks for your help! :)

This scope will go on a Savage .308 12 F/TR and I plan on shooting out to 1,000 yards.

sub_pst_f_6-24x50_ebr1_mrad-t.jpgsub_pst_f_6-24x50_ebr2c_mrad-t.jpg

Last edited:
The question is if you will be dialing or holding for the majority of your shots. Can you hold a rifle steady enough at x15 or so to use the drop tree in the 2C? The drop reticle will be very useful if you can truly spot your own shots through your scope, or if you have a spotter. With 11 mil down and 6 mil windage you can hold up to 24 mph winds out to 1000 with a 175 smk clocking around 2650 (very rough estimate). So it can be very handy for quick follow up shots etc.

It would be best if you can look through the scopes first and make sure the 2C is not too busy.

The question is if you will be dialing or holding for the majority of your shots. Can you hold a rifle steady enough at x15 or so to use the drop tree in the 2C? The drop reticle will be very useful if you can truly spot your own shots through your scope, or if you have a spotter. With 11 mil down and 6 mil windage you can hold up to 24 mph winds out to 1000 with a 175 smk clocking around 2650 (very rough estimate). So it can be very handy for quick follow up shots etc.

It would be best if you can look through the scopes first and make sure the 2C is not too busy.

I'll be dialing and holding for my shots. I know I can hold the scope steady enough to properly range targets, but I am not certain, as you have pointed out, if that Reticle is too busy for me.

I do like the 11 dots down which I believe gives me plenty of latitude for a longer range shot.

The new EBR-2C is nice but there is nothing wrong with the EBR-1. Some shooter prefer not having the Christmas tree look and other do, it more a personal preference.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL