• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which rings do you run?

+1 for Badger here. On the short list would be GDI, Seekins and Ken Farrell in addition to Badger the next time around...

Hello all,

I was just wondering what kind of rings you all are using on your rigs.

I'm trying to decide what rings to use on my latest project. Here are the specs. Savage 10P 20" 1-10" accutrigger, choate tactical stock, Weaver base w/recoil lug and harris bipod. I've been through a couple of different optics and rings. First I was using my bushnell elite tac 10x in burris xtr low rings. They seemed to be very rugged and accurately machined. I then tried a Primary Arms FFP 4-14x44 in weaver tactical 6 hole low rings. I really like the light weight of the weaver rings.

I'm going to be mounting a bit more glass on it this time, and wondered if the weaver tac 6 hole rings would suffice, or if I should look elsewhere. I've got a bushnell elite tac 3-12 ffp w/ the g2dmr reticle on the way.

Thoughts?
TPS, these are Alum alloy.
1Bacghq.jpg

To echo what others have already said, I really like the Seekins 6/4 rings I have. I also run Burris Extreme Tactical, Leupold Mk 4 steel, and various other cheap brands on other rifles. Although I've never had a problem with any of them, I believe I'll stick with Seekins from here on out for my bolt guns.

Nightforce Ultralight Titanium rings are amazing. Never look back.