• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Which round for coyotes...?? Black hills / Win.

Banjo

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas U.S.A
Black Hills 55 gr Vmax ..or..Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 55 gr?? I have used both and had great luck with both. Both punch very tight groups on paper and both knock them down good if I put them where they belong. I have been favoring the Black hills ammo for a while now, but nobody around here carries it, however, it seems like everyone has the Winchester on hand.
I guess what I'm wondering is how do they compare?? To me the Black Hills just seems hotter. .....just looking for some input. Thanks,

Re: Which round for coyotes...?? Black hills / Win.

Never used the Black Hills, but the Ballistic Silvertips have been consistent for me.

I love the V-max's
Night before last . I geared-up for the usual night hunting for some Coyotes. Drove out to the field of my choice . put on the NV and Pack & grabbed the AR . Hiked-in about 20 minute walk. set-up my call and strolled back to my Sit . Pushed the Remote on the caller and then waited in the Dark with no moon and 'so Quiet' you could hear a pin drop.
I always shoot 50 grn v-max @ 3300 fps with excellent results but the I Had NO USE for the 50 V-max though and it was pretty useless on the coyotes in that area, as the song of, ' Titties & Beer.' came Blasting out my coat-sleeve pocket from my cell phone as my Ring-tone of choice when the Ol Lady calls me.

try the 60gr. V-MAX--1 OF THE BEST FOR ME--also the nosler partition--both loaded by BH

i use the 50 grain BT.

Ive taken 15+ dogs with a 22, 2 with the 17hmr (17 grain vmax) and a bunch more with 223 pushing a 40 grn vmax....dont sweat it...head and neck shots and the dog is down...

those are almost identical, same thing with the nosler bt or sierra blitzking i dont think the coyote gonna be able to tell either way. I did have a coyote run on me when I hit him broadsides with a 55gr vmax handload but I am almost certain that was my fault due to bad placement.