• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which scope for a 260 Rem?

Re: Which scope for a 260 Rem?

Swfa 5-20 quite a few available on the for sale forum with the group buys coming in. Mine is excellent, repeatable, clear....couldn't ask for more.

I have a 4-16 that got me to 1000 fine with an 18" .308. That being said I would like to get the higher power PST that goes to 24 when I get my .260 barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Swfa 5-20 quite a few available on the for sale forum with the group buys coming in. Mine is excellent, repeatable, clear....couldn't ask for more. </div></div>

This is what is on my 260, could not be happier with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Swfa 5-20 quite a few available on the for sale forum with the group buys coming in. Mine is excellent, repeatable, clear....couldn't ask for more. </div></div>
I have been real happy with mine, I have two of them on my TRG's (308 and 7mm08).
They are built well and have reliable repeat ability for windage and elevation adjustments.
SScott

Look at the Bushnell HDMR with the G2DMR reticle, awesome scope!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JayTrigger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill probably go with the Swfa 5-20. Looks like next months purchase:) </div></div>

Nice choice. That's what I'm currently using on my 260 too.

Have two SS 5-20 on our 260 rifles and have no desire to ever switch them off. They are doing great, track perfect and to our eyes are as good as anything else we have looked thru except for possibly one of the high end S&B.

Also have two 4-16 Vortex PST on our LR handguns and other than being a bit underpowered to see the smaller targets at 1000 I think they are one of the best buys for the money out there. A friend has the 6-24 PST and I'd probably do that if it was going on a rifle but it has 10moa less elevation and we needed more for the pistols to get to 1000.

We're not scope/equipment snobs and use what does the job without paying a lot for name recognition and based more on what would do the job and be reliable. I think you'd do very well from either of these two well respected companies.

Topstrap

Ill guess ill hold out till Im back from deployment to look through some glass and see what I like more.
If I can find a stocking dealer.

I put a IOR 3-18 on my .260. Don't have a lot of time on it yet, but it seems to be working well.

I put a SWFA SS HD 5-20 on my .260 and it it is great combo so far, 9 months and 825 rds up to 1250 yds and zero issues with tracking etc.. no regrets.
hope this helps.

No doubt SS HD 5-20 is the way to go. I love mine, very clear and tracks perfect. I also have a 6-24 Bushnell 6400 Tactical Elite which is also a very nice piece of glass, my only complaint with it is the 5mil per rev turrets. If it had 10mil turrets like the SS it would be a very difficult to choice to make between the two.

I would agree with the majority here.

I have a SS 5-20 and 6-24 PST.

I prefer the SS more. And it's on top of my .260...