• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which scope rings do you pros recommend ??

Kubitza123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
Central Texas near Waco
I just got my RWS bolt gun in . I need some good quality rings. What are most of you guys using ? I want good stuff but not spending $400 .

Let me know a few good choices I should be looking at .

Thanks Mark

Re: Which scope rings do you pros recommend ??

Aadland also makes great rings.
smile.gif

And if you ever decide to spend $400... look up SPUHR.
laugh.gif

My new gun has a Manners T -5 stock with 20moa base what height rings are most of your running with a stock and base like this for good eye/scope alignment ???

Should have put that in my first post. I threw a set of Warne High rings on my 5.5-22x56 mm NF and I have at least half inch of room under it and can't see shit without lifting my cheek up.

I'm not a pro by any means, but Seekins are awfully nice.

Seekins (Low) work real well with my 6x24 Vortex pst. dont have to lift your head up to get behind the scope like with the High rings and there is just enough room to close the lens cover.

I'm not a pro and I never will be, but Seekins are good rings.

no, not the same stock. My Vortex pst is on a Sako 260.It is on a 20 MOA Base And its a 50mm objective not 56mm.

Seekins Precision without a doubt.

i'm far from being a pro just enjoy nice things...

i've always had middle of the road rings... Burris XTR, Weaver Tactical and so on.

i recently bought a set of Vortex stamped Seekins and some AADland rings. i haven't done anything other than play with them at the moment. the quality of both are outstanding. attention to detail-fit-finish-use of good hardware is great. i only had 1 small item i didn't like with the aad's but it's not a deal breaker. buy either on and you'll be happy!

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

I am a Badger and MK4 fan myself. Dirt tough. Dirt Simple and if you ever sell them thye sell used for about same as new

I ordered Seekins low rings today from SWFA since im in TX . Looks like you have low rings on your rifle posted above as well . I hope my eye alignment is right because high rings I tried were way too
high.

I never knew until a buddy of mine told me , but if your a member on Texas hunting forum you get free shipping and 8% off or minus tax so that was nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins Precision without a doubt. </div></div>
+100
I have gotten a couple sets through SWFA with no hiccups and quality product and service every time.

Another vote for Seekins. If I am putting a Vortex on my gun then I get the Vortex marked Seekins rings.

Get the American Rifle CO. M-10 rings, rumor has it the guys that work for Sphur use them!!

seekins have served me well and are built to high standards.

Anyone tried Murphy Precision and then switched back to something else? I doubt it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the American Rifle CO. M-10 rings, rumor has it the guys that work for Sphur use them!! </div></div>

Wouldnt surprise me....best scope rings Ive ever used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my RWS bolt gun in . I need some good quality rings. What are most of you guys using ? I want good stuff but not spending $400 .

Let me know a few good choices I should be looking at .

Thanks Mark </div></div>

Based on cost I would have to go Seekins or Badger. I run Seekins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins for rings. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halcyon612</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0311@lar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not a pro by any means, but Seekins are awfully nice. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JC189</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins (Low) work real well with my 6x24 Vortex pst. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins Precision without a doubt. </div></div>

You will like them; I was going to join in but looks like the message was received already.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered Seekins low rings today from SWFA since im in TX . </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the American Rifle CO. M-10 rings, rumor has it the guys that work for Sphur use them!! </div></div>

I would suggest that you cut the rumourspreaders tounge out then cause likely is everything else he saying a lie to....:)

Håkan

Personelly I use my own rings where I can, but I am using others to.
Swingmounts from Apel, clawmounts from Recknagel, kimbermounts on my Kimber, alongside with numbers of old mounts on classical rifles.
Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i really like my vortex "seekins" LOW rings so far

IMG_5821.jpg

clearance.jpg
</div></div>

Surprised that you can have the scope that far back.
If i had mine there I would always be forced to use the back position....:)

Håkan

not sure what you're talking about. i have it at perfect eye relief at that position with the RRA fixed buttstock... maybe on an adjustable stock, but not a fixed buttstock. no problems at all getting to charging handle either. eye relief would not be correct if moved forward. so far im loving the EOP platform.

i have the same set up but with a larue LT158 mount moved forward on my LMT, but not my fixed stock RRA EOP
LMTRTS2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i really like my vortex "seekins" LOW rings so far

IMG_5821.jpg

clearance.jpg
</div></div>

Surprised that you can have the scope that far back.
If i had mine there I would always be forced to use the back position....:)

Håkan </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the American Rifle CO. M-10 rings, rumor has it the guys that work for Sphur use them!! </div></div>

I would suggest that you cut the rumourspreaders tounge out then cause likely is everything else he saying a lie to....:)

Håkan </div></div>

I do apologize to Hakan, and have in a pm also.

I was hoping when I posted it, 99.9% of the people reading it would recognize it as humor.

Especially given the fact Seekin's were the preferred favorite.
I will try to keep my juvenile sense of humor under wraps in the future.
Apologies to all for my post.

Kubitza
I am not a pro by a long shot but a pro did recommend the Burris Signiture Zee rings to me.
Brian