• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Which Scope?

RecShooterDave

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Los Angeles, California
So i need a new scope for my ar-15 project ive already decided that i don't need a variable scope so im set on a 10x fixed power. But im debating on these 3 scopes keep in mind im shooting long range so 500yards and up. Right now i have a bushnell 3-9x40 and its super clear and has great fov so im expecting these scopes be better or so i think.
Its between a
Bushnell elite tactical 10x-40mm 1/4moa $249.99
Swfa 10x-42mm $299.95 model with side focus extra $100 1/4 moa or. 1mil knobs
Millet 10x-50mm $299.95 has side focus which i like. 1/4 moa or. 1mil knobs
So i want to know what you guys think is the better scope of the 3.

Re: Which Scope?

Mil/Mil refers to the mil scale in the reticle, and the click value in the turrets matching that scale. .1 Mil turrets, bullet impact moves 1/10th mil in your reticle. Take a shot, impact is 2 mils high and 1 mil right, you dial 20 clicks up and 10 clicks right to zero. It makes dialing a correction less complicated.

Imagine shooting a target with a scope that has a mil reticle but 1/4 MOA turrets. Your impact is 2 mils low. What is your correction? Don't forget, you need to convert 2 mils into MOA to know how many clicks that translates to.

Re: Which Scope?

Hope you have some time to wait. My swfa just got backordered yesterday.