• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which Seekins Base/Rings to get for 5R

JC PAINT WORKZ

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2012
IN
www.youtube.com
Ok I'm ordering the vortex 6-24x50 FFP Mil/Mil and looking at the seekins rings and base for my 700 5R.

I'm trying to figure out which rings and base I need. I know I need 30mm rings but I see there is high/med/low rings, and 4screw and 4/6 screw rings

Then there is 0, 20, 30 MOA bases and #6, and #8 screws.

I'm totally lost on this. Does the 5R have #6 or 8 screws and what base/rings. I plan on shooting from 100-1000 yards.

Re: Which Seekins Base/Rings to get for 5R

I won't be able to put scope caps on with the low rings?

Also what size BC flip caps do I need for this set up?

Will I benefit with going with the 4/6 screw rings? I don't mind the 10-20 difference if it's going to be better.

Low rings wont allow you to fit the front objective BC flip cap on, you'd have to use a bikini cover or scope coat.

Not exactly sure on the BC flip cap sizes but it's probably 44 objective, you can call vortex and ask.

Do you have the 308 version of the 5R? If so there's no benefit in getting the 4/6 screw rings.

Here's a picture of mine, I also have a 30mm scope tube and 50mm objective lens, and seekins medium rings.

l8Xrb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0V3RC10CK3D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the 20moa seekins base 6-48 screw size

4 screw rings are fine, 4/6 is more for .338's and stuff

Then get the medium 30mm seekins rings so you can fit scope caps on.</div></div>

^^ This is correct for a factory 5R and a Vortex PST. You want a short action base with 6x48 screw holes (you would need your receiver holes opened up to accept 8x48). 20 MOA is the elevation you should get for a .308

Personally, I would go with Aadmount rings (med size) because I think these top Seekins. Seekins and NF both make good bases, but I can't tell the difference between them and an EGW base in either looks or performance except that they cost $50 more. This is just what I would do. A Seekins or NF setup would work nicely also.

Ok I ordered the 20MOA #6 screws Seekins Base, Seekins Medium Rings, 9-13" Bipod, KMW Pod Loc, BC Caps, and my Vortex 6-24x50 FFP scope. I think I'm set to get this 5R on the shooting line!!