• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which Semi would you recommind ?

simo-waldron

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2012
I'm looking for accurate and reliable rifle up to 800 yards.
I wouldn't ask this question if FN SCAR SSR 20" was offered to civilians at this time.

So which one ?

Re: Which Semi would you recommind ?

I've only had it a week, and been to the range with it once, but I love the Noveske 20" SS Varmint barrel that I just bought. Shot under 1 moa all day, with cheap ammo. All the oohs and aahs I got at the range were nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Intended use? Price? Some more information would help. </div></div>

SHTF: Protect a large land, must be accurate to 800 yards.
Reliability: Doesn't need cleaning for thousands of rounds (No DI).
No limit on the price

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: simo-waldron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Reliability: Doesn't need cleaning for thousands of rounds (No DI).
</div></div>

That's a tall order for a semi-auto.

Better look at POF then, they claim theirs can do what you want.

my buddy has a new REPR from lwrc the rifle is amazing and can come in a couple different setups

I agree. I have a REPR and it's very accurate. I haven't measured but I've been able to put three rounds at 100yds and have them all touching. Also, it's a breeze to clean. It's not the cheapest option but none of the quality .308 semis are.

Depends on how much you want to spend ? If you can afford it then I would recommend JP Enterprise LRP-07 which is what I will be getting in about 2 weeks or you can get a Gap-10 or even a Larue Tactical. These to me are about as good as it gets and will have no problem reaching 800 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Peterbilt </div></div>
I haven't built an Ar in years.

If this won't float your boat well enough, I'm not gonna be sailin' in your convoy...

Lwrc Repr is the way to go...accurate and you don't have to clean it for thousands of rounds...

POF is what I chose. I liked the lighter weight vs LWRC REPR. Plus, the lower is interchangeable with my GAP-10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on how much you want to spend ? If you can afford it then I would recommend JP Enterprise LRP-07 which is what I will be getting in about 2 weeks or you can get a Gap-10 or even a Larue Tactical. These to me are about as good as it gets and will have no problem reaching 800 yards. </div></div>

All great guns but he doesn't want DI

POF308. scary accurate, easy to clean, as reliable as a timex and with the NP3 coating, pretty impervious to wet weather. If you want to stretch out to 800 yards, I would say go with the 20" barrel. My 14.5" will do it, but the 20" will carry a few more FPS that will help at that distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta989</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Peterbilt </div></div>
I haven't built an Ar in years. </div></div>

It was a joke about semi's, Peterbilt is a manufacturer of trucks.

I got LMT in .308 and it's far better than my AR-10 in the same barrel length tricked out. I'm not a guy who goes beyond 450 but my college room mate took me to his private club and showed me the difference between the 2 at 700.

That's all I can tell you since I havent tried the other exotics.

I'm not sure a standard SCAR-17 would not fit the bill. I have one, as well as a GAP-10. The GAP-10 will flat out smoke the SCAR in the accuracy department, but I am confident I can hit a human size target at 800 yards with the SCAR. It will certainly go more rounds without cleaning than my GAP-10 (I had stoppages out of my GAP-10 after about 300 rounds in a class I took with it). That's not to slight the GAP-10, it's just a tighter more precise gun and shouldn't be expected to go too many rounds. The GAP-10 was back in business with a quick chamber mopping. I know the SCAR-17 has had a few service problems (things like cheek riser not staying put, broken folding stock latch, even some sheared pins on the stock attachment), but even in a SHTF situation I wouldn't expect mine to see as heavy of use as the guys in the sandbox. Also the SCAR is light and reasonably low recoil with the brake that comes with it.