• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which spotting scope should I choose??

I think the spotting scope is the least interesting thing about this post.

Why do you need a spotting scope for mostly less than 100 yds?

What type of a " position" does one get that may require any shooting, much less drilled down to less than 500 yds, mostly under 100 yds??????????????

If this is some secret government thing, no worries. With the new wokeness infiltrating ALL facets of government, just being on this site gets you DQ'd!!! I would expect a letter in the next 48 hours or so.

So................................what's up????

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
Are you on like some sort of swat team? Wouldn't your training have shown you a good pair of binoculars does wonders for eye strain and a quality scope will easily show impacts at those ranges and more.

Looking for opinions...I recently took a position which may require shooting no further than 500 yards. Most of my shots will come from 100 yards or less. I'm not in the process of searching for a spotting scope and have come up with three options - GR 20-60X80MM, SX-5 SANTIAM HD 27-55X80MM STRAIGHT and MARK 4 12-40X60MM TMR (all Leupold). Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
I have a Mk 4 w mil reticle and like it a lot.

but I’m not in your line of business so....

oh, and Leupold has a hell of a good Leo/mil/vet discount.