• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which SPUHR mount for an AI/AX in 308?

kujuak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
As above, which mount has worked best for you. Will be shooting 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor in rifle.Do you order AI specific mount or Picatinny mount? 6, 9 or 13MIL mount?Will be moving a 34 mm tube scope 25-27x maximum magnification scope.

Thanks!

Depend the total travel of your scope, how far is your range. Your AX should had 20moa cant already. I have the eratac adjustable inclination mount which I set my 100yards zero with 30moa incline with built in 30moa AI base. I get 25 mil of elevation of dialing

Last edited:
I have SP-4802 (37mm (H), 44 MOA) on zero rail. Scope is S&B 5-25x56.
IMG_3622.JPG

Last edited:
SP-4002. You’ve got 20moa already so there’s no need for any more cant. The 1.46” height mount will insure you’re mounted high enough and will also line up with NV clip ons if you use them down the road.

Reactions: Empr_Hadrian
Along the same line:
I am close to getting a NF Atacr 7x35 F1 and would like to know which Sphur mount to use on an AIAX 308/6.5, With the 20 Moa rail I don’t think I need any more elevation. Any recommendations?

Sorry for reviving a somewhat aged thread but this is pretty much exactly what I was going to ask.. but with a slight change...

Anyone here running an AI AXSA (.308) with the top rail section removed from the forend and a 56mm OBJ? If so, I'd like to know what height rings (or what make/model) you're running to take advantage of the lower mounting space AND still get to use scope caps.

I'm not a fan of running 1.5" on a bolt gun and wanted to run a bit lower. Was planning on going with Badger rings but I've been kicking around the idea of trying out a Spuhr. I won't be running NV on this system, so a lower scope height is more beneficial than the top forend rail.

Thanks!

Specs:
AI AXSA (.308) w/ 20MOA rail & Top Forend Rail Removed
NF ATACR 5-25x56mm

Goal:
Lowest scope mount height while still being able to use scope caps.

Sorry for reviving a somewhat aged thread but this is pretty much exactly what I was going to ask.. but with a slight change...

Anyone here running an AI AXSA (.308) with the top rail section removed from the forend and a 56mm OBJ? If so, I'd like to know what height rings (or what make/model) you're running to take advantage of the lower mounting space AND still get to use scope caps.

I'm not a fan of running 1.5" on a bolt gun and wanted to run a bit lower. Was planning on going with Badger rings but I've been kicking around the idea of trying out a Spuhr. I won't be running NV on this system, so a lower scope height is more beneficial than the top forend rail.

Thanks!

Specs:
AI AXSA (.308) w/ 20MOA rail & Top Forend Rail Removed
NF ATACR 5-25x56mm

Goal:
Lowest scope mount height while still being able to use scope caps.
Not sure why you’re against the 1.5” mounts or rings. Modern rifles and butt stocks stocks make it a non issue, at least in my book. With the top rail I’m running the highest Seekins (1.45 or 1.5 I can’t remember) rings with a 4.5-27 razor gen 2 and the vortex defender cap. You should be able to get away with a 1.2ish with the top rail removed.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Not sure why you’re against the 1.5” mounts or rings. Modern rifles and butt stocks stocks make it a non issue, at least in my book. With the top rail I’m running the highest Seekins (1.45 or 1.5 I can’t remember) rings with a 4.5-27 razor gen 2 and the vortex defender cap. You should be able to get away with a 1.2ish with the top rail removed.

Yea I know, just have a preference for keeping things low (despite having an adjustable cheekpiece). I was figuring the 1.2 or 1.3 range would get me nice and close to the barrel with room for a cap. Something like the Badger High (1.275") or Spuhr SP-4006 (1.35").

Thanks for the info man!

Reactions: trob_205
Sp4006 will work if you are looking for 0 can’t. This information can be verified on mile high shootings web sit under faq section.
Allen

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Sp4006 will work if you are looking for 0 can’t. This information can be verified on mile high shootings web sit under faq section.
Allen

Damn, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!