• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which stock for a Bergara b14r

TRPrecision

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2018
    GA
    I have decided to start shooting some prs / nrl 22 matches to supplement my normal PRS match routine. I have chosen the B14r steel barrel, but unsure weather to get a complete rifle or a barreled action. I like the idea of the complete rifle being ready to go and hopefully feed problem free, but question if I will like the stock. My main match rifles are all in Manners stocks. I don't really want to put manners money into this 22. Thinking possibly a Bravo instead of my normal Manners chassis, or is the factory B14r stock good enough quality as is? Don't want to feel disappointed every time I pick up the 22 lol...

I have the complete B14R rifle with steel barrel. I like the factory stock and my centerfires are in chassis so I have some comparisons. I just added an Area 419 ARCA rail to the bottom - I plan on leaving the B14R in its factory stock.

Reactions: obx22
    I have the complete B14R rifle with steel barrel. I like the factory stock and my centerfires are in chassis so I have some comparisons. I just added an Area 419 ARCA rail to the bottom - I plan on leaving the B14R in its factory stock.
    Does the OE Bergara stock feel cheap and plastic or is it decent quality?

You need have NO fears regarding the quality of the factory HMR stock, you could likely beat a bear to death with it without breaking anything. Since you prefer conventional rather than chassis, you’ve already considered the best option. A complete rifle will likely serve you well.

Reactions: TRPrecision
    All the factory stock needs is some weight up front to get it balanced. 1/2"X 1-1/2"X 12" cold rolled steel. Drill one through hole, remove the flush cups up front and utilize the existing through hole. And you have a 16lbs perfectly balanced rifle for about $20 and a little time
    IMG_1879.jpeg

Definitely not cheap plasticy. If you prefer a stock over a chassis definitely go with the complete rifle. I got the barreled action and put it in a chassis, but a buddy has the comple rifle in the factory stock and he has less feeding issues than me for sure.

Definitely not cheap plasticy. If you prefer a stock over a chassis definitely go with the complete rifle. I got the barreled action and put it in a chassis, but a buddy has the comple rifle in the factory stock and he has less feeding issues than me for sure.
    Just the kind of feedback I was looking for. I definitely prefer a stock to a chassis, and don't want to fool around with trying to make a bad mix match of parts feed correctly.
    I'll be ordering the complete rifle today!

Reactions: ferch
    The factory stock is great stock. It is heavy built. My B14R shoots great. I changed the trigger to a Trigger Tech Diamond.
    Mark

My B14R shoots as well as My V22 Gen 1 does when sent to Lapua. And the Bergara has an aluminum mini chassis built into
    the ploy stock. I put my B14R into my V22 chassis but decided that it did nothing for it's accuracy. So mine has stayed in the OEM
    stock. Even the trigger is easy to modify and get it down to 11 ounces with a #6-32 long nose spring plunger. A total cost
    of $4.56 and 20 minutes of time. The mod also provides the trigger with an adjustable sear stop. I'm really happy with my
    steel barrel B14R. The OEM trigger is pretty nasty but the targets below were shot with it. The mod just makes it nicer.
    The CF rifle is only a tube shroud that hides a pencil barrel so I would never but it.
    You can see that the #6-32 fit's fine in the trigger. There is a pilot hole in the OEM trigger so all you need do is enlarge it
    with a 7/64 drill and tap it for the 4.5 pound spring plunger. There is no need to open the trigger module.

Attachments

• 7-21-21-A.jpg
      7-21-21-A.jpg
      520.8 KB · Views: 356
    • 10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS  .34 CTC.jpg
      10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS .34 CTC.jpg
      372 KB · Views: 223
    • B14R first BP150 target.jpg
      B14R first BP150 target.jpg
      489.5 KB · Views: 194
    • 20211106_140626.jpg
      20211106_140626.jpg
      348.2 KB · Views: 163
    • B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
      B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
      403.8 KB · Views: 204
    • .176 INCH BETWEEN TRIGGER SIDE PLATES #6-32 THREAD INSTALLED.jpg
      .176 INCH BETWEEN TRIGGER SIDE PLATES #6-32 THREAD INSTALLED.jpg
      380.2 KB · Views: 207
    Reactions: HenryRed
    I like the Bergara stock. I will continue to use it. I’ve already purchased work arounds to help stabilize the gun with my off hand. I wish the B14 chassis had mlok up front but I’m good now. If I was to upgrade to a different chassis it would be the KRG Bravo. Can’t bring myself to purchase an MPA chassis. Also, the gun runs flawlessly and don’t want to risk having feed issues and anything else. So, I will keep the B14 chassis.

Reactions: danr
    I bought a barreled action when they first came on the scene and there wasn't many reviews or feedback. I got a great deal on my Grayboe on one of their 4th of July sales, so it was about the same price at the OEM rifle. Now that I have some milage on mine and some OEM stocks, my recommendation is OEM unless you are dead set on something else or perfect mimic of a centerfire stick.
    Bergara 5.png

I’ve got mine in a manners PRS1, it’s definitely not an inexpensive option but it matches my centerfire. It’s definitely a great option for PRS matches, just need to play with mags due to the slight rock you might get with the dbm to get rock solid feeding but once it’s figured out it’s a gravy sandwich
    774214F5-5E6C-472E-A31D-091E4E0B221F.jpeg