• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which stock for a Savage 10FXP3?

JFisher304

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2011
I just picked up a nice used Savage 10FXP3 in .308 and want to put the guts in a new stock. It has a bull barrel on it so I'll need clearance for that. If I go with a pistol grip AR style stock I'll most likely go with the XLR industries stock. Which "coventional" stocks are a good fit? I will want to replace the blind mag well with a detachable mag so the stock needs to work with the required bottom metal.

Re: Which stock for a Savage 10FXP3?

Accurat-Mag has a DBM system that will fit into a factory DBM inletting. It's also very affordable, just $150. Aside form that, the XLR doesn't require a DBM since it's built into the chassis system. If you want something conventional, the HS or the CHhoate are about the only two cheaper alternatives that are already inletted for a factory DBM. Other than that, check out McMillan or Manners for conventional stocks they are top notch. I just ordered a Manners T4-A for my Savage. Just look around and see what's readily available. Use google search too

Mine does not have DBM currently, it's a blind box.

I understand, hence why I told you exactly where you can find one to drop right into any stock that is inletted for a Factory DBM since you mentioned you'd like to go that route. Not sure how to better answer your question....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snipedogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand, hence why I told you exactly where you can find one to drop right into any stock that is inletted for a Factory DBM since you mentioned you'd like to go that route. Not sure how to better answer your question.... </div></div>
Ah, sorry. I read your reply wrong the first time. That's what I get for trying to think after working a 20 hr shift.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget about Stockade stocks. Kevin does excellent work. </div></div>

Good call. Stockade's are great too.

No worries no the misread, it happens

Thanks for the ideas guys. I found a deal on a used Mcree that I couldn't pass up so I went that way. Now to find a pre-fit varmint profile barrel that's threaded for a brake / supressor....