• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which stock for tikka t-3

Re: Which stock for tikka t-3

FWIW, my neighbor has a manners and it is a fantastic piece.
I have not gotten to handle the other you mentioned.

had manners ordered but went to the RCS stock
Manners does not have adjustable cheek piece and it looks bland in comparison

I have 2 manners and a third on the way. They are excellent stocks. They are rigid and definitely will not flex on you. Besides that, Tom is a fantastic guy to deal with and all of the folks that I have spoken with around his shop are very knowledgeable.

I think you can get a Manners stock with an adjustable cheek piece now.

I have the RCS and it is an excellent bit of kit. i know manners are good though.

also mcmillan offer the A-5 and A3-5 now for the T3 amongst others.

Both are excellent,but I went with the RCS. It is just such a nice piece of kit.Plus it matches it's bigger brothers.

What's the saying? 6 one way,half a dozen the other!It applies here,unless you're on a budget,then the choices get easier.

Go RCS. I am currently testing my T3 Tactical to see if it is worthy of an RCS.

Does the rcs stock need bedded? It comes ready to use with aics mags correct?

Both Tom's stock and mine are excellent upgrades for any T3.
(as are the wild dog and robertson)
Deciding on which comes down to personal preference in taste of stock styles i think. Some folk like the AI type look and the robustness of this type of stock, others like the more "traditional" composite stock shape of the Manners.

We have struggled to keep up with orders on the RCS due to bieng dependant on AI parts like side pannels and buttpads and cheek pieces. Litteraly waiting months on end for supply of parts, then bieng delieverd the wrong parts, only to wait months for replacement has bieng driving me batty and has restricted our ability to get the stocks out to end customers fast.
That is however an issue of the past as we now have our own spacer systems, cheek pieces, and have made a major investment in producing the RCS II side pannels which are to become a reality at last this week. Hence the stock will be available faster, and in grater numbers than before very shortly.

The RCS T3 version does not need bedded, does not use the factory recoil lug and is straight drop in for use with AICS mags, a Long ( 30-06 /300win etc) version will be available within about the next 4 weeks, with a left handed version shortly thereafter.
We will be updating the website with pics of the RCS II shortly, and with some added facts to ensure all questions are answered as far as possible by reading the description.
regards Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both Tom's stock and mine are excellent upgrades for any T3.
(as are the wild dog and robertson)
Deciding on which comes down to personal preference in taste of stock styles i think. Some folk like the AI type look and the robustness of this type of stock, others like the more "traditional" composite stock shape of the Manners.

We have struggled to keep up with orders on the RCS due to bieng dependant on AI parts like side pannels and buttpads and cheek pieces. Litteraly waiting months on end for supply of parts, then bieng delieverd the wrong parts, only to wait months for replacement has bieng driving me batty and has restricted our ability to get the stocks out to end customers fast.
That is however an issue of the past as we now have our own spacer systems, cheek pieces, and have made a major investment in producing the RCS II side pannels which are to become a reality at last this week. Hence the stock will be available faster, and in grater numbers than before very shortly.

The RCS T3 version does not need bedded, does not use the factory recoil lug and is straight drop in for use with AICS mags, a Long ( 30-06 /300win etc) version will be available within about the next 4 weeks, with a left handed version shortly thereafter.
We will be updating the website with pics of the RCS II shortly, and with some added facts to ensure all questions are answered as far as possible by reading the description.
regards Pete </div></div>

that's a nice change of pace. The stock I want the man himself helps me out. What does the stock use if not the factory recoil lug? What is the current wait time for one of your stocks?

I too have a plastic stocked T-3, I don't want to replace it with another plastic stock. When is that new carbon fiber Manners coming out?

RCS chassis mates to the flat in the action creating a recoil lug in the chassis its self. and you can bet that the chassis are better quality alluminium than the factory recoil lugs.

Current wait time for an RCS II is probably going to be 6 weeks. faster if it can be done but we are right in the middle or the holiday period here and some of my main machinists are on vacation. I also need to go back to the UK for a week shortly, so the next couple of weeks will be treading water a bit, but then we are going at it.

Pete

Robertson composite make a nice stock for the T3.
DSC_0110-b.jpg

Found a picture of Their stock for the Tikka