• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which suppressor for a .375 Cheytac?

I Am Hero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
I just recently got myself a .375 Cheytac from Lawton and I am curious as to what suppressor I should look into getting this coming spring. I don't know too much on suppressors and was wondering if I could get people's advice on the best fit for my needs.

I have seen the suppressors that quick detach to a muzzle break and it seems something like that might be a cool option but I have heard mixed reviews on the quick detach. The reason I was looking into these is because the .375 packs a decent punch even with a muzzle break on there and so I fear removing that break for a silencers might give me a bit more of a beating than I am looking for. But if all comes to worse and that is what I have to do, then I will.

Just wondering if someone makes a decent suppressor specifically for the .375 or if I need to get a .408 or 50 cal suppressor.

Re: Which suppressor for a .375 Cheytac?

Take a look at Elite Iron, give em a call and tell them the caliber you want.

I wouldn't look at using the break or QD method. Once you shoot it with the can, you'll never WANT to shoot without it. The first thing you do when you take it out of the safe is put the can on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a look at Elite Iron, give em a call and tell them the caliber you want. </div></div>

I looked on their website and I see they have the Windtalker model designed for the .416, .408, and .375. Do you know what these run or is that something I should call them about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: I Am Hero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a look at Elite Iron, give em a call and tell them the caliber you want. </div></div>

I looked on their website and I see they have the Windtalker model designed for the .416, .408, and .375. Do you know what these run or is that something I should call them about? </div></div>

Send skinney here a PM. He got a .416 Windtalker for the M99 Barrett. That's where I first heard how ridiculously quite they were.

Alright I sent him a message. Hopefully he can help me out for a bit. Thanks for your help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't look at using the break or QD method. Once you shoot it with the can, you'll never WANT to shoot without it.</div></div>

Unless a 375 can is filled with magic, I don't see how you can say this. All of my rifles from a 243 to 338 have LESS recoil when using a muzzle brake when compaired to shooting suppressed.

To each his own but, I can only imagine the amount of recoil that will be present when shooting a 375 suppressed and I don't think I'd want to shoot one all day.

I've shot the Barrett 416 with the can and recoil was VERY minimal. If you've never shot a big bore with a can, you wouldn't understand. I'm only assuming you haven't. (but I've been wrong before)
You are correct that a break will reduce recoil MORE, but it also makes the gun shot LOUDER for the shooter. Are you saying that you would rather shoot with extra noise and less recoil? That seems to be the trade off that you're suggesting.

Using the can sucks up enough recoil to make it plenty easy to shoot for extended strings, and the can sucks up enough noise that you you'll never want EXTRA noise.

That's all I was saying.

Reactions: TreyMeTrey

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've shot the Barrett 416 with the can and recoil was VERY minimal. If you've never shot a big bore with a can, you wouldn't understand. I'm only assuming you haven't. (but I've been wrong before)
You are correct that a break will reduce recoil MORE, but it also makes the gun shot LOUDER for the shooter. Are you saying that you would rather shoot with extra noise and less recoil? That seems to be the trade off that you're suggesting.

Using the can sucks up enough recoil to make it plenty easy to shoot for extended strings, and the can sucks up enough noise that you you'll never want EXTRA noise.

That's all I was saying. </div></div>

+1

C Bass, you're correct in assuming I've not shot any suppressed big bore stuff. My experiance has been sending 300 gr SMK's at 2900 with a brake and suppressed. I had developed a flinch due to the increased noise level with the brake so, I bought a can. I worked through the flinch with the can but, I didn't like the push that developed when shooting with it. I couldn't stay on target to spot my shots. I've since gone back to the brake and couldn't be happier.

I think the recoil reduction aspect is overstated when guys are talking about their cans. Most claim the reduction is the best thing since sliced bread and I think they're just trying to justify their purchase.

I enjoy shooting suppressed but when there is alot of energy involved, I think a brake is the way to go. YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I think the recoil reduction aspect is overstated when guys are talking about their cans. Most claim the reduction is the best thing since sliced bread and I think they're just trying to justify their purchase.
</div></div>
definitely not trying to justify the purchase of the .416 can, i have shot the .416 with the brake and with the can, i personally prefer the sound and recoil reduction much more than the Ti brake Barrett sent with the M99, but like you stated earlier to each his own.

I've shot the Barrett 416 with the can and recoil was VERY minimal. If you've never shot a big bore with a can, you wouldn't understand. I'm only assuming you haven't. (but I've been wrong before)

That's all I was saying.
PLUS using a can instead of a muzzle brake you dont get all that dirt in your face from muzzle blast when using a brake.

Holy thread resurrection Batman!?!? 4,392 days ago