• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Which thermal

mdmorrow

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
McKinney, TX
Of these two, Pulsar HD19s or Eotech x320? Not taking price into account. Which would you choose for hunting pigs and why? Thanks!

I really like my Flir PS32. I know, you asked for a compare, but the Flir is almost bullet proof for me. I really like that alert capability, it sure shows me the coyotes.

I considered the flir but dislike the internal battery and slow refresh rate. Eotech has the alert mode as well. Thanks for your input though. Ive pretty well decided the eotech is the one for me.

I considered the flir but dislike the internal battery and slow refresh rate. Eotech has the alert mode as well. Thanks for your input though. Ive pretty well decided the eotech is the one for me.

I just bought the same one, hopefully we both made the right choice!!!

If i was to choose a thermal right now it would be the IR hunter MKII or look for a used IR hunter. Seems to be great for the money.

Oh my mistake. I saw hogs and figured it was for use as a sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all good. Thermal spotter and nv on the gun.

Yep ... I've got that set up and it's really nice. LS64 thermal spotter and nv clip on for the rifle. I must admit I've had thermal clip on fever or even a dedicated thermal scope but my pockets aren't deep enough and I need to be satisfied with what I have. Good luck in your purchases!

sh

Yes and yes regarding the internal battery. Others disagree but I feel the EXACT same way. This way you can always grab the batteries out of a TV remote to run it if need be. The L3/Insight model is great, I ran an X50 (early forerunner to the X320) for five years and what a spectacular and durable little device it was. It's perfect for sticking in your pocket and using on the eye that isn't occupied by a PVS-14. It's great for finding stuff for the 14/IR laser to "follow up on." I finally sold mine for what I had in it in order to help fund my L3/Insight LWTS clip-on. I doubt you will be disappointed, good choice.

Yes and yes regarding the internal battery. Others disagree but I feel the EXACT same way. This way you can always grab the batteries out of a TV remote to run it if need be. The L3/Insight model is great, I ran an X50 (early forerunner to the X320) for five years and what a spectacular and durable little device it was. It's perfect for sticking in your pocket and using on the eye that isn't occupied by a PVS-14. It's great for finding stuff for the 14/IR laser to "follow up on." I finally sold mine for what I had in it in order to help fund my L3/Insight LWTS clip-on. I doubt you will be disappointed, good choice.

That's awesome and thanks for the info sir. That LWTS is a really nice sight, I bet you're going to enjoy it.

I really want a pulsar quantum that I've been eyeing on techeyes website, I used this mini thermal mono in Afghanistan and loved it. But now that I've looked at the Pulsar HD19 I might be saving a little longer for it. Eotech is a great company too, but I'd go with Pulsar personally. That's a sweet picture of the deer, I'm looking to hunt hogs with mine.

On paper the x320 is superior to the pulsar for long range detection, check out the huge fov difference. But if you need short range use the pulsar would be better.

So the EOTech X320 is a newer version of the L3 X50?

Humph, when did EOTech get merged with L3? ...is L3 making it for them?

I had an x50 and an x200... they are good, but there were better units out there... I'm going to assume that the x320 is decent, what's it costing you?

So the EOTech X320 is a newer version of the L3 X50?

Humph, when did EOTech get merged with L3? ...is L3 making it for them?

I had an x50 and an x200... they are good, but there were better units out there... I'm going to assume that the x320 is decent, what's it costing you?

I tried to buy from hide vendors but no one had inventory or they wanted 3,400.
Took a chance on ebay with my credit card for fraud protection and got a unit for 3050 shipped second day air.
Disappointed on hide member pricing but i always give them first shot.
The X320 is no where as good as my MTM but at the price point it is a great unit. You can spot objects almost as well, you just dont have the resolution to ID things as well. But thats where NV should come in. At least thats how I use it.

Bottom line if mine was stolen today I would order another one.

Had the XD50s for some weeks which was great for spotting, also really good resolution. If you have the money I can recommend the OASIS UTM. Great little device.

After a 3 year gap it is time for a new thermal !!! :D

I bought the Leupold LTO Tracker, I love the all metal construction and the 10 hour battery life and the fact it uses off the shelf batteries, it has 7 zoom ranges and 6 Colour pallets and as part of their Golden Ring Tactical range it just says Quality all the way.

John.

was looking at these ATN mars-HD thermal rifle scopes last week very impressed for a ATN did a side by side with a MTM ATN was the clear winner in terms off res and picture quality can get these cheaper than the pulsar xp kitt and they have more mag

Nowadays with the price of thermals coming down I would never waste my money on s spotter that is low resolution. Do yourself a favor and get a 640 unit. Try and steer clear of pulsar if possible also. I'm a dealer for several brands and they are about the only brand my customers ever have break. Just about every single one I've sold has had problems eventually.

Jay

Interesting, our sister company Night Goggles has a well under 1% return rate on ALL Pulsars and they move a ton of product. They have many happy customers and just didn't become dealers of them. Used their gear for several years now.

That's good to hear, Victor. I've had a Pulsar HD38a for over a year and it's been solid. I'll be buying a new thermal scope in a few months and it's been between the new Pulsar Trail 50 and the ATN Thor. I really want the Pulsar to be a good reliable product. ATN has always come off as cheap to me

My first post here, mostly over on predatormasters. I'm on my 5th NV/thermal device. I currently own a pulsar trail xp50 and a Trijicon MK2 and a MK3, all 640s. I love my pulsar but only use it for scanning at this time cause it wont hold zero. I'm not worried about Pulsar taking care of my problem because Ive had dealings with them before and their customer service is EXCELLENT. I have sat in pig blinds for hours comparing the difference between these devices. Biggest difference I have observed so far is that when the humidity is high the Pulsar has a noticeable advantage over the Trijicon. I think the Triicon has a slight advantage in long range detection when humidity is at our normal west Texas low level.

I use a REAR-IR shooting and an LE 100 spotting....my son uses a much cheaper Pulsar 19 spotter. While it lacks in resolution compared to the TRD stuff it is durable and very useful spotting dogs at decent range. The IRD stuff is excellent but the Pulsar does a lot for the money.

Last edited: