• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which trigger for a 10/22?

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
What trigger is everyone using on their 10/22s? I prefer drop-in if possible.

Re: Which trigger for a 10/22?

I have used a few, but for me KIDD is a hands down winner. Pricy, but the best by far.

Kidd

I have a Volquartsen and love it. Also have their bolt and barrel and scope base.

KID is 50% move money and a thousand better.
Move 10/22 trigger (as most as others the VQ) is all the design as Bill Ruger's origin design.
It is a waste more than $70 for a 10/22 trigger until the $300 KID threshold.

I think it depends on your application. I have a Volquartsen on a tacti-cool, 10/22 fun gun. I'd never put a KIDD on that, but would on a precision, custom BR.

Jard - Loved the trigger but not the mag release, no way to modify either

Volquartsen - A very good trigger, but for the money, I expected better than the Jard, no problem with aftermarket mag release installs

Kidd - Holy Crap... it was expensive. But, HOLY CRAP... what a great trigger. You'll never get me to give this one up. I'll gladly sell the other 2 just to fund another Kidd.

When I built my 10/22 I went the cheap route with Hornet custom. The trigger is night and day better than the stock trigger, but I keep thinking it could be better. In retrospect I would go with Kidd and buy once/cry once.

I've never heard of Hornet - thanks for the info. I just looked them up - and boy is there a few models to choose from!
I'd love a new 10/22 trigger for $100ish (mine is just a plinking/fun rig)....Is the "B" the best option for cost/value ratio?
http://www.hornetproducts.com/ViewProduct.asp?ModelNumber=BBT

(no way am I spending $240-$340 on my 10/22 going the KIDD route)

I have the B model and it has worked well for me. It is a two stage trigger and has a little bit of creep on the second stage. I just epitomize the mindset of its always greener on the oher side.

For plinking I think it would serve you well. But beware, when you start plinking and begin to get good groups you might start to think about wanting BETTER groups. That has happened to me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the B model and it has worked well for me. It is a two stage trigger and has a little bit of creep on the second stage. I just epitomize the mindset of its always greener on the oher side.

For plinking I think it would serve you well. But beware, when you start plinking and begin to get good groups you might start to think about wanting BETTER groups. That has happened to me... </div></div>

Thanks! Yea, I just slapped in a hi-desert match threaded barrel - so I can attach a can once the form 4 is approved. It would mostly be used when we go camping durring the summer - I don't think I'll be benching it for groups.
I was just pulling the trigger last night - and I didn't realize how horrible the stock trigger was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have used a few, but for me KIDD is a hands down winner. Pricy, but the best by far.

Kidd </div></div>

This. I have it and love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bulzeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have rimfire tech trigger and sear. polished everything up.

kidd is best drop in </div></div>

Does anyone have any coments on something like this Rimfire Tech trigger and sear kit for $70.00 - VS trading in your trigger group to Horent for a complete replacement - which is $70??

on the aftermarket Sear & Hammer parts kits for the stock 10/22 trigger-group, are all about the same . Best investment you can give yourself on 10/22 & Easy for you to do .

Greg over @ rimfire technologies has done a couple of full Trigger Group builds for me .
The were fully adjustable and were real decent TG for shooting .
It was a couple years ago & now they are just over the 200-$ price for complete Trigger-Group w/CNC housing . Not badprice for a nice single-stage custom trigger group w/aftermarket housing .

Kidd just this week came out with a trigger kit for $105 that you put in your plastic trigger group. Reviews on Rimfire Central are good so far. I ordered one yesterday. I'll report back after I recieve, install, and shoot it. Should be by Sat or Sun. Drops trigger down to 1.75 lbs.

FYI-Others state that it dropped in their metal trigger group with no problems but Kidd states is for the polymer trigger group.

Eddie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blacktaco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bulzeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have rimfire tech trigger and sear. polished everything up.

kidd is best drop in </div></div>

Does anyone have any coments on something like this Rimfire Tech trigger and sear kit for $70.00 - VS trading in your trigger group to Horent for a complete replacement - which is $70??

</div></div>

not sure on the horent. I forgot to mention I also have the RT hammer. i took a fine stone to the sear and hammer after i received them. haven't checked what the pull is but it is smooth, has no creep, and much lighter than the stock setup.

So it looks like the KIDD trigger won't work in the standard Ruger housing? You need to use a plastic one?
Hmm....so that would end up being expensive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blacktaco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it looks like the KIDD trigger won't work in the standard Ruger housing? You need to use a plastic one?
Hmm....so that would end up being expensive. </div></div>

No. Bad info!

It was designed for the polymer one. Reports from rimfire central are saying that they have worked in the metal trigger housings. I guess Kidd can't guarantee that all the cast groups are to the same specs.

Eddie

KID is a complete trigger, adjusts to lenth, weight, first and second stage. CNC aluminum.
Timney is one piece block, too.
Jard in also in a block.
Nearly all there 10/22 triggers only (including the VQ $200) are just tuned 10/22 standard trigger.
So, if you a1ready have a 10/22 trigger, to a$60-70 kit for CompusPower or other sear/hammer your done.
I have tried the new Timney,the semi block first has many had problems, the few bad of the new ones.

I feel it is waste more $70 for a 10/22 (kit or tuner) (Clark, et al)unless the $300 KID threshold.

http://www.coolguyguns.com/Triggers_c_7.html#top

I'm pretty passionate about this, I have (3 shooters) 3 KIDs fir the match guns (silhouette and STC) and three PC triggers on field guns.The PCs are for any non-match use, the KID is a different critter.

Just installed the new Kidd trigger kit. Not the complete trigger. It took about twenty minutes. For $105 it is well worth the price. I do not have a trigger weight gauge, but the 1.75 lbs advertised feels about right. No creep. I will get to the range with it this weekend and come back and give a report.

Eddie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blacktaco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it looks like the KIDD trigger won't work in the standard Ruger housing? You need to use a plastic one?
Hmm....so that would end up being expensive. </div></div>

No. Bad info!

It was designed for the polymer one. Reports from rimfire central are saying that they have worked in the metal trigger housings. I guess Kidd can't guarantee that all the cast groups are to the same specs.

Eddie </div></div>
Thanks for clearing that up!
smile.gif

Look forward to the range-report - thanks Eddie.

Trevor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KID is 50% move money and a thousand better.
Move 10/22 trigger (as most as others the VQ) is all the design as Bill Ruger's origin design.
It is a waste more than $70 for a 10/22 trigger until the $300 KID threshold. </div></div>

is this english?

Just put Volsquartsen hammer, sear, and disconnector in my oe housing. Was going to try stoning the factory stuff but ran up on the Volsquartsen parts for $70.
It's leeps and bounds better than the factory pull but i'm not too impressed. May just not be possible to get the results I was wanting without getting a whole aftermarket trigger group.

stoned my factory stuff down to 2lbs 9 ounces...its actually not bad...im gonna shoot it awhile and see how it goes...it was over 8 lbs so its a helluva an improvement!