• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Which Trijicon RMR?

PatrickChewing

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 28, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Guys,

I'm thinking about getting a extra slide for my STI and have it milled for a RMR. The question is which RMR. I have pretty much decided on one of Trijicon's offerings. Do I want the the dual illuminated, LED, or adjustable LED? Any help will be much appreciated!

Clay

The ONLY two you should consider are the RMR 02 and 07.... I prefer the RMR02 for ease of use.

Last edited:
    I've got the RM06.
    Pretty happy with it so far, had it for a couple of years now. It's been offset mounted on a rifle and on my Buckmark. Currently its on my M4. I'm not sure it's worth the money but it is a nice piece.

B

Guys,

I'm thinking about getting a extra slide for my STI and have it milled for a RMR. The question is which RMR. I have pretty much decided on one of Trijicon's offerings. Do I want the the dual illuminated, LED, or adjustable LED? Any help will be much appreciated!

Clay

Hey Patrick,

I am curious what is the intended use for the STI? Have you run with an RMR on a handgun before?

The reason why I ask is because I ran an RMR RM06 on my FNH FNP-45 Tactical and I found it difficult to quickly pick up the dot. I was much faster using just the iron sights. Maybe it was the ergonomics of the tactical version since the sights are tall for suppressor use on the model FNH. I also figured that since you have an STI, they are popular with USPSA and 3Gun competitions. My RMR only went through 2 competitions and I removed it and sold it.

Just some thoughts. Maybe you could try one first somehow?

I have the adjustable LED version on an FNX-45 Tactical. Absolutely love the thing. Does take a little getting used to, but it's second nature at this point as I also have a Burris mounted on a 22/45.

I have the RM02 and am very happy with it. I wouldn't (personally) want to go any smaller on the dot on a handgun. A buddy put a dual illuminated one on a rifle and I was very underwhelmed. WAY too bright in sunlight and then not bright enough in the dark, IMO.

I also like the RM02 because it doesn't have any buttons to adjust the brightness. I have found that the auto adjust has always been fine and very responsive to lighting conditions. Even being in a dark room shooting into a lighter room is not an issue unless you put the dot right on the light source, but that's any red dot. Mine is on a duty gun so durability/reliability trump all else. Competition gun may be different so take that for what it is worth.