• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Ultrasonic cleaner size? 3l vs 6l?

Ocean_Dweller

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
I've read every post on here concerning ultrasonic cleaners but there doesn't seem to be a consensus as to what size. I'm looking into buying one to clean suppressors, BCG, and maybe brass even though I mostly tumble. So you guys that have them, can you recommend a size and why you went with it? Right now I'm leaning towards a 6l mainly for the extra power but I'm sure I can get by with a 3l for my uses. Thanks.

I went with the bigger one. Should be able to use water in the cleaner itself. Then part/cleaner in plastic bag in the water

This is my first ultrasonic. But from my research the above will work

Get one with heat as well

Reactions: Ocean_Dweller
I've read every post on here concerning ultrasonic cleaners but there doesn't seem to be a consensus as to what size. I'm looking into buying one to clean suppressors, BCG, and maybe brass even though I mostly tumble. So you guys that have them, can you recommend a size and why you went with it? Right now I'm leaning towards a 6l mainly for the extra power but I'm sure I can get by with a 3l for my uses. Thanks.
I went with a 6L because I didn't want to run into a situation where something I wanted to clean was too big for the smaller cleaner. I also suggest you look for as much power as you can get, a heating element, a built in drain, and a basket with a tight mesh. Some of the baskets have holes that are pretty big and smaller parts might fall right out.

This is the one I picked up. Haven’t used it yet though

Look at the size of what you intend to clean and error on the larger size. Also, look at the dimensions of what is included.

ultrasonic-cleaner-m100-4[1].jpg

The tank may be large enough but if a basket is included it may not be.

Reactions: johnnyvw
You want the most transducers/watts coupled with the smallest tank… sort of like dropping a V8 in a Miata.

I have this one (4.5L 180W 3 transducers) and it works well for cleaning the things you describe:

Anbull 4.5L Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner Machine with 304 Stainless Steel and Digital Timer Heater for Jewelry Watch Coin Glass Circuit Board Dentures Small Parts https://a.co/d/hqSFsj5

You want the most transducers/watts coupled with the smallest tank… sort of like dropping a V8 in a Miata.

I have this one (4.5L 180W 3 transducers) and it works well for cleaning the things you describe:

Anbull 4.5L Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner Machine with 304 Stainless Steel and Digital Timer Heater for Jewelry Watch Coin Glass Circuit Board Dentures Small Parts https://a.co/d/hqSFsj5
CK, how long have you owned the Anbull? Thats another one that's high on my list. Do you think the degas and semiwave features are worth spending more on?

CK, how long have you owned the Anbull? Thats another one that's high on my list. Do you think the degas and semiwave features are worth spending more on?

I think I've had it a little over a year, and IDK, those features aren't anything I've ever missed because I don't even know what they are for lol.

I have the same one as CK 1.0 ANBULL 4.5L

Anbull 4.5L Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner Machine with 304 Stainless Steel and Digital Timer Heater for Jewelry Watch Coin Glass Circuit Board Dentures Small Parts​

Works great for AR15 bolts and my Thunderbeast Ultra 9 Suppressor.