• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which upper will line up with 308 Hogan lowers?

RickyRodney

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2014
MD
A friend of mine has a Hogan 308 lower and bought the bushing kit and a DPMS upper. Now he cannot get the pins to line up the distance CTC on the pin holes is too short. Does he need to try another DPMS upper? Does anyone know of a billet upper, with FA that they know will fit with the bushing kit?

I went round and round with this problem for about 6 mos....ditch the lower and get a DPMS lower for the DPMS upper. Spent lots of time and money messing with this...do yourself a favor - forget about it. Or you could get a Mega billet receiver set...easy peazy.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure only a Hogan/POF lower will work. I recently bought an upper from them (Hogan) for a lower I had lying around and it fits and functions fine.

Bumping this to see if anyone has a different response. I'm not a fan of the monolithic upper to say the least.

At one time Hogan made standard uppers. May be worth a call.

Wow this is totally disheartening. I'm just about 100% Hogan no longer makes standard uppers.

Call Hogan. I got a standard upper not too long ago, as did a friend. They don't list them on their website but when I called they were able to ship one right out.

Call Hogan. I got a standard upper not too long ago, as did a friend. They don't list them on their website but when I called they were able to ship one right out.

A standard upper that accepted a standard DPMS handguard?