• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which weights are you using - MDT ACC Chassis

aakrusen

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2020
Spokane, WA
I have the weight kit that goes inside foreend of the ACC chassis. I am wondering if I need all of them in there. Should I remove a few and get the exterior kit to more weight in a certain area?

For those that are using the weights in their ACC Chassis, which weights do you have and where did you put them?

I have two sets of exterior weights...I have them so the rifle balances on a tripod just ahead of the magazine well. I'm thinking of adding another set...but also the buttstock weight.....to keep same balance..but increase overall....currently I'm at about 22lbs...depending on bipod....match saver....ammo.

have the mdt weights for there frame but have started looking at replacing them when saw someone's post about them using Flat Bar Stock it has to be cheaper even if it means I have to spend sometime working it to fit . more weight less money sounds good to me . I have a full set just below the barrel and one outside and in the butt stock and weighted bag rider . think the stock is supposed to be like 14 lbs with the weights and barrel mine is 25 lbs

We've got some more affordable M-Lok weights in the works that should be ready soon. I have found it best to use whichever weights you need to get your rifle properly balanced, which for me is right in front of the magwell.

Reactions: Garett73
I hid all my weight on the bottom using a bar stock weight for ~10 USD. ARCA rail still works perfectly. I used #10-32 x 3/4" screws with a 1.25" wide piece of bar stock that is 3/8" thick. If I did it again I would use a WIDER than 1.25" piece and cut it down, because the 1.25 is just BARELY enough and I had to be extremely careful and precise. I'd also highly recommend using a tiny drill bit to drill pilot holes while the bar stock is clamped into the chassis to ensure proper alignment.
MDTweight.png
"

Last edited:
I hid all my weight on the bottom using a bar stock weight for ~10 USD. ARCA rail still works perfectly. I used #10-32 x 3/4" screws with a 1.25" wide piece of bar stock that is 3/8" thick. If I did it again I would use a WIDER than 1.25" piece and cut it down, because the 1.25 is just BARELY enough and I had to be extremely careful and precise. I'd also highly recommend using a tiny drill bit to drill pilot holes while the bar stock is clamped into the chassis to ensure proper alignment.

Nice! How much weight did that add?

We've got some more affordable M-Lok weights in the works that should be ready soon. I have found it best to use whichever weights you need to get your rifle properly balanced, which for me is right in front of the magwell.

Are you going to offer a full length piece for the internal? I was also wondering if the front end could simply have threaded holes for a 1913 rail. Use the MLOK section minus the nuts, would also serve to anchor the front section.