• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whiskey-3 Chassis: Gen 4 is here!

Massoud

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2008
Boise area, Idaho
www.krg-ops.com
Hello Gents,

It hasn't been easy for us this year with the move to Idaho but we now have our improved gen 4 chassis out. They're looking nice feeling great in the hand. I wish I could say we had these on the shelves ready to box and send to you next day. In reality they are going to fill backorders but we're trying to be caught up within a couple months or at least get down to only a couple weeks wait.

http://kineticresearchgroup.com/products/w3c.php

The Gen 4's incorporate some evolutionary enhancements in the chassis but are functionally and aesthetically similar to the gen 3, just improved a bit. They're lighter by 1/4 pound roughly as well, besides being slightly more costly. We've removed some superfluous features and added some useful other ones, like another built in QD cup mount on the folding stock top hinge.

Here's the list of upgrades from the gen 3-

-Additional mount point on side of forend to fit our sling loop (HK style loop)/QD mount
-Five main components of fixed buttstock consolidated into single part
-Single LOP cam with 180 degree rotation to locked position
-Moved lower spar leg forward on buttstock to avoid it hitting non-trigger hand during recoil
-Enlarged thumbshelves and the left side thumbshelf can now be used on the folding chassis
-Added QD mount point at hinge in folding chassis to sling when folded
-Simplified hinge mechanism in folding chassis
-Added clearance for more aftermarket triggers in Rem 700 chassis versions
-Weight has been decreased by several ounces on both folding and fixed
-Slight cost increase on both configurations to $939 fixed, $1299 folding
-Additional minor changes

Actions/Inlet notes:
-Badger M2008/13 Long Action using 338CIP length mags (limited production run, available soon)
-M995/TRG-S using 338 CIP length mags (production ceased, what he have in stock is all that will be made)
-AE stock-couldn't make it work
-Sako Quad- on hold for now
-Savage-not looking good due to position of side bolt release
-Win 70- to be figured out still

We've been filling out our accessory line and a separate post will outline the latest things we have in the works. We also have some big stuff coming later this year.

We want to thank all of our customers, it has been great so far and we get nowhere without you. For our part we'll continue the push for improved current products, useful accessories, and cool new things.
Justin

Rem 700SA folder with a few add-ons:
IMG_5151_zps2d3795f7.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Looks awesome. I'm going to be ordering one in January for the LRI build I'm going to be sending off as soon as they call wave 5!

ETA: are these available in SAKO green?

Last edited:
I really like your chassis! Too bad you guys couldn't get the AEs to work. Any chance of a right folding stock? I keep getting tempted with these..Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Any updates on the skid plate and tripod mount/attachment? I'm patiently waiting for those two items.

How do they Kydex skid plates secure to the forearm? It looks like there are holes to access the screws, that's nice. I tried using your barricade stops on mine but ended up always just jamming a bag between the barricade and the magazine.

Thanks guys!
-We are only doing the Sako green grip panels for now which come on the TRG folder. If you wanted green grip panels we could do that but it would look strange with the rest of the stock black. Everything is hard anodized which means black or gray.

-We can't do a right folding stock because all the actions that fit in there have the bolt in a different spot. The Remington for example would need a big hole right where the cheekpiece assembly goes.

-K4C, you are in luck, they are both done. The skidplate will be a limited run due to the difficulty we had with it, unless guys really really want more of them. We'll save you one as I know how long you've been waiting. There will be an accessories thread soon to announce these and the metal rails, etc.

-Marcus-The skidplates come with button head screws to hold them on, in the pic it's just being clamped on with the tripod mount. There are cutouts to access all the holes in the forend so you can attach other accessories over it or remove the forend or get to the action screw still. I'd like to hear in more detail what you thought of the barrier stop and why it didn't work for you. It can be changed.

Justin,

Using a bag between the mag and barricade made it easier to do fine adjustments on target behind the scope. I run with 10 round AI mags so there is a large surface already there to jam up against.
I shoot with my W3C in club matches once a month, may reach out later with some more feedback via PM.

The heads up is much appreciated!

standing by for the update.

Mike- Will do. BTW John couldn't couldn't say enough good things about the range down there.

Spigot Mounts are back in inventory, skid plates we're holding until we make the accessories post, probably tomorrow. We want to give you guys first crack at the skid plates.

We've got quite a backlog but we're working through it so maybe the wait won't be so long in the future (3 months roughly right now).
Justin

Well if you a lefty that shoots righty then we have one for you! Seriously though one of our dealers, Tactical Supply, does a left hand conversion on the Rem 700 chassis. For the T3's, just about anyone with any kind of skill on a milling machine can convert it to lefty. Of course we recommend only using the best gunsmith, or preferably, machinist.
Justin

I'll happily be the odd one out and say I dont really like it!

I was always a fan of the first gen as it, in a way was more skeletonised. I understand that through the 1st till now improvements and refinements have been made its just a personal choice. in Australia i couldn't even tell you what Gens are getting around, we pay around 1200 for a non folder, and now that we have 12 months of importing folders with some laws being reviewed. i'd love a folder in the gen 1.

any chance of getting a photo Jason, of all 4, one after the other, just to highlight the changes.

Bill.

Anybody in the Phoenix area have one of the earlier gen chassis I can get behind?

Looks sick.... I'll need another as soon as funds permit. Been whoring out the chassis huge at demos and media events. People just gawk at it slack jawed with drool pouring out of their mouths. Taking it to an LE swat sniper shoot in a couple weeks. The Gen 4 looks really nice... we can tell you guys are working hard. -Evan

Archad, we have no retail store, just online sales. If you get down this way though let me know.

Bill, no worries everyone likes different things and it always surprises me how much those things vary. Good idea by the way, pics below.

Evan, you need a gen 4 and we could use some cans.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. We are also open to constructive criticism or new ideas as well. Without further ado:

Prototype- Some of you may remember when I posted this up a few years ago asking if anyone was interested in a Tikka chassis. The response was impressive. We made some great strides with the design since then.

Gen 1- These were fixed Tikka versions only and there weren't many produced. In the top picture is a special Badger version done for SHOT. Note the super comfortable triangle cheekpiece. That never made it to production which is fortunate for everyone's faces. These came with the cast polyurethane grip panels that really had some awesome texture panels (maybe a little too awesome). Note that we didn't charge extra for the Remington labeled buttpad :)

Gen 2- This gen saw the introduction of the R700 version as well as our folder. It was delayed a bit while we decided which latch mechanism was the best. We had some good options but some wise words from Marty at Badger sealed the deal for the one you see. Marty and his crew have been very helpful to us, we really encourage everyone to buy Badger products. In the pic is an early version before we added the side mounting position for a rail/QD plate.

Gen 3- This gen saw some good refinements to really bring the chassis into its own with more modularity and usability, not to mention the grips fit more people than the larger grip size on the other gens. You can see how the buttstock is composed of several main pieces which were all consolidated on the gen 4 in the orginal post.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos Justin,
Its great to see a product go through 4 reviews especially when it feels like its only been out 18months. goes to show your commitment and understanding to the market and demand. wonder how long it will be till we see a few 4th gens getting around Australia.

Know I've asked this before - but here it goes again - any plans for Stiller TAC 338?

I can't wait to see what this chassis feels like with the new improvements, I should be receiving mine soon. Personally I like the look of the older gen butt stocks also but this one looks a bit more robust.

All I can say is wow!! I like the new design. Will the Gen 4 come with the grippy cheekpiece installed or is it still an upgrade option?

Bill- there will be shipments going to AUS within a month or two.

GS- We are considering a Tac338 stock, it's one of the few .338 oversized actions that will work (Surgeon XL will not).

Ajax- the grippy cheek is an option only. We are still working on our own cheekpiece and it is coming but it will be awhile yet.

Thanks much for the compliments guys, we work hard on these, maybe harder than we should, haha.
Justin

Can you give us a sneak peek of the cheek piece your working on? How much longer till its ready for production?

Until it's at least pre-production we don't want to release any pics, there's really not much to see, it's hard to explain. It looks slightly more TRG like but is more comfortable than the TRG or the Victor Co in my opinion. It will be several months at least and then it will likely only be an option due to the cost, though we'd like to see it come in under the price of the Victor Co Kit we have now.
Justin

Let me know when u have some blem tikka folders. Thats how i got my last one, couldn't find any blemishes on it, even the color of anodizing was an even flat black. Any option on anodize color, a sako green would be bitchin. I appreciate the thought on changing the lower strut of the buttstock, i modded mine cause i got tired of my support hand getting railed.

Todd, we really wanted to do the 595 stock but various things kept us from doing it, a big part of which was that it won't take any common mag that we tried. It has a really small magwell which is nice and long but really skinny so AICS mags aren't even close to fitting. If I remember an AE single stack mag was close but would have still required cutting. That is a great action, I really liked the Master Sporter I had and stupidly sold.

For blems, we will likely have only a few and those will be gen 4 good back ends with some gen 3 front ends we have as New Old-Stock. Send us an email and we can put your name down to notify as we have many requests for blems.

For the Win 70, we'd like to get that one fit into a W3C so we'll be working on it, we just don't know when for sure we'll get to it.

We've greatly increased production for the gen 3 and that was not enough so we greatly increased production again for the gen 4 so maybe we'll get to where we have them ready to ship right away again. Either way you can get on the wait list so secure your place in line if you want.

Yes you can order the large grip kit right off the website under the accessories section. We will need to know if what action you are using (Rem or Tikka) and what gen stock you have. The kit is $29 and includes both grips and a spacer that fills in the gap in the backstrap area when using the larger grips.
Justin

Gen 4 is looking sweet Justin! We need to talk, I've got a couple of things in the works that will work PERFECTLY with the W3.

-Lynn

Will the stock works on a Tikka chambered for 300 WSM. If I'm reading it correctly from your website, the Gen 4 will only work on a non Magnum cartridge. Since the WSM is a short magnum, will this be a non issue.

Thanks,
DF

Folder, no action:
gen4-folder_zps78d24536.jpg

I would appreciate a PM or Email on obtaining a chassis identical to this one above. Would like to drop a Badger M2013 in it.
Just need price and availability. Thank you.

Would the Badger M2008 WSM action drop into one of these?

Last edited:
Regarding the WSM rounds, we're just not sure on those but we don't see any reason it wouldn't work apart from a weird feeding quirk. Accurate has a WSM specific mag, as does Alpha I think. They are the AICS pattern so they'll fit in the stock. Some tinkering with the mag height or feed lips would be the most it would take as far as I can tell. KYS PM sent.
Justin