• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

whistlepig barrel

jasellers1965

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2012
anyone know if they are good? this is my first 10/22 build and wanted experienced opinions

Re: whistlepig barrel

They are nice barrels if you want something that is very light but more accurate than a Tac-Sol. I have a 22" one on one of my 10/22s and it shoots a little less than MOA with the ammo it likes.

I own 3. I went with 16 and 18"
the 2 16's shoot better than the 18" YMMV
SK rifle match is the favorite and definitely sub MOA.
3/4 after the barrel is warm.

My next one will be for the Charger.

I have a 20" fluted model on my Ruger 10/22 and it is very accurate. I like how light my rifle is compared to the heavier steel bull barrels out there.

That's the one I bought 20" fluted black to grey.finish is great hope it shoots as good as it looks!

WP aluminum sleeve barrel. Got one 4 years ago & still have it . It is boxed-up but that thing shot way above average on the custom barrels I have used .
WP barrel is very light weight & I would compare it close to accuracy of the VQ carbon tension barrel I owed also.

Whistle Pig. It is boxed on the shelf from a previous 10/22 build . <span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Because it is 'good enough to keep'</span></span> for a latter future build .
It's just that I been shooting the 12" quantum barrel for last few years . But the WP is a keeper .