• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White Oak Armament 20", .223 WOA, 1 in 7 twist- Suggested Components

Trigger Time 23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2012
Colorado
I just ordered a 20" White Oak Armament varmint upper in their .223 chamber. Twist is 1/7. I was wondering if any of you developed any good loads for these, and what they consisted of? I will be shooting to 550 yard steel, and also just prairie dog popping. I have never loaded for .223/.556 so I am looking for component suggestions so I can try to acquire them while I wait for the upper to be made. I appreciate any suggestions or advice you guys have.

I run their 18" barrel and have good results with 65 gamekings and 24.8 Benchmark running about 2950 fps.

With the wife's DPMS Mini SASS (18" barrel) I have been running 75g Hornady HPBT, Varget, LC brass, and Fed match primers. Getting 2730 fps in the summer and 2720 in the winter. Have a perfect load at mag length, and very accurate.

Ive got their 20" SDM and it eats up 77gr Nosler CCs with 23.8gr of varget. 1" 10 shot groups is very easy. It never gets super small(.3s but .5s is common) but its always under an inch no matter how fast I shoot the groups. Just an awesomely repeatable barrel.

I may be the wrong one to ask, but, I will share my thoughts,

I ordered the match Wylde 1-7 about 9 months ago to finish a build and throw 77gr SMK at the 500 yard plates out here. Bottom line, we ran everything we could through it, nothing would group, finally was warming it up with Fiochi 40 gr VMAX one day and thought I missed the target with several shots. Went to look closer and it had stacked 4 in to a .30 hole. long story short, it's dang near one hole barrel, with that load only. I've tried all my favs as well as everyone else's as well as the loads recommended on White Oak from White Oak Precision - Reloading Information. If you can get any of them to group under 1.5 your a better man than me and I've been busting caps at plates for decades.

It goes back to the manufacturer for a refund this week as its useless at long range with 40's if the wind is blowing. Wish I was a varmint hunter, it's probably a one in a million for someone that wants to run those 40 gr VMAX's

For my WOA Upper is use 24.2 RL-15 with 77Grain SMK and Lake City Case.For a primer I use Wolf Small Rifle Mag.In my rifle it will shoot around 1/2 MOA.23.2 of IMR 8208 works well also.

Regards,Mike

r

I would try Nosler Custom Competition or SMK 77 gr bullets with Varget or IMR 8208 XBR pushing them.

I've had great luck with these as well as their 69 gr counterparts.