• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White Oak Armament RPR barrels?

Robo

AI Guy
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2017
Burlington, CT
I know WOA has been in the gas gun business for a long time and makes some very reputable AR style barrels, including a nice match grade I have on my AR15 5.56, but I see they've now gotten into the bolt action arena with their own brand of RPR custom barrels. Anyone have any experience with these?

I don’t, but based on their reputation and experience I’ve had with their AR barrels I wouldn’t hesitate to try one if the price was right.

I don’t, but based on their reputation and experience I’ve had with their AR barrels I wouldn’t hesitate to try one if the price was right.

That's my initial feeling, too, especially at sub-$400 prices for a 26" match grade 6.5 Creedmoor out the door.

That's my initial feeling, too, especially at sub-$400 prices for a 26" match grade 6.5 Creedmoor out the door.

Oh yeah, at that price I’d do it if I had an RPR. For what ever reason if it doesn’t shoot, they have always had great CS and I’m sure they would square it away.

Oh yeah, at that price I’d do it if I had an RPR. For what ever reason if it doesn’t shoot, they have always had great CS and I’m sure they would square it away.

My experience with them has also been positive and, like you said, they have a great reputation and have been around for a long time.

I wouldn't hesitate to get one. From talking with John H, the owner of WOA, they source their cheap stainless steel blanks from Wilson, just like JP Enterprises does. They get a good deal because they buy a lot of them for their AR barrels, and T2K barrels. If you want to know how their RPR barrels shoot, I'd look up the reviews for their Tubb 2000 barrels. Basically the logic behind offering a cheaper match barrel was because the Wilson barrels will shoot as well as a Kreiger most of the time, but might have a shorter life-span, but when you are using the 6mm or 6.5mm barrels, it's not enough to last more than 1 Highpower season anyways.

I wouldn't hesitate to get one. From talking with John H, the owner of WOA, they source their cheap stainless steel blanks from Wilson, just like JP Enterprises does. They get a good deal because they buy a lot of them for their AR barrels, and T2K barrels. If you want to know how their RPR barrels shoot, I'd look up the reviews for their Tubb 2000 barrels. Basically the logic behind offering a cheaper match barrel was because the Wilson barrels will shoot as well as a Kreiger most of the time, but might have a shorter life-span, but when you are using the 6mm or 6.5mm barrels, it's not enough to last more than 1 Highpower season anyways.

Good info. Given that I'm shooting the 6.5mm more often now, I don't expect to get much more than a season out of them. I think they're worth a try but I'll check the Tubb 2000 reviews, too.

I'd trust anything John Holliger sells to be of excellent quality and trust him to stand behind what he sells. Buy in confidence.

Just put an order in for a WOA 6.5 Creedmoor. $370 with free shipping for Black Friday. Will update on how it shoots after I get it on my RPR.

Got my 6.5 WOA barrel last week, installed it, and took it out the range to break it in over the weekend. So far, extremely impressed. Shot 1/2 MOA consistently right after my 20 round break-in routine. Well crafted barrel and even ships with a nice polymer screw on thread protector on the receiver end. Don't think this will be my last one if it lasts at least 2500 rounds.

Does anybody have more info on these barrels? Seems like they are always out of stock so somebody is buying them.

By it. Im extremely happy with mine. Compared to my mpa/spencer, its fantastic. Wish i could screw it on my curtis.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
I am interrested in one of their .223 RPR barrels but they only offer a 6.5 twist and a 24" length. I can live with the 6.5 twist but I actually want to lose 2" off the factory 20" length, not gain 4". At $375 ty appear a good value but having to get it chopped and threaded pretty much undermines that. Anyone know if they will do a shorter barrel?

They would do it but it would likely be a long wait time. They do barrel work in batches and it looks like they have 4 223 rpr barrels in stock currently. So probably not doing another batch for a while. The only way to know for sure is to call and ask.

Wondering if anyone here has updated their experience with the WOA/Wilson/Ruger barrels. Thanks

Mine is the 223 RPR in a Shillen blank and it shoots 55 vmax 75 eld and 88 eld very well. I’m satisfied

Been using WOA for service rifle barrels for 12 years now. Just put one of their 6mm Creedmoor barrels on my RPR, like it, and would recommend them.