• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White Oak Armament

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
I have a bushmaster A2 rifle that I seldom use so I was gonna buy a white oak barrel w/front sight, free float tube, matched bolt, and probably a rock river two stage trigger to make a more accurate rifle.

Would my rear sight be sufficient or should it be sent in to be pinned or however they do it?? I won't be shooting any matches, just shooting it out to 600 yards for fun.

Just trying to get an idea of what all I will need. It may be easier to sell the complete upper and just buy the white oak complete upper??

Alan

Re: White Oak Armament

I would just sell and buy a White Oak upper, which are very reasonably priced.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nhm16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would just sell and buy a White Oak upper, which are very reasonably priced. </div></div>

Agreed. I'd hang onto the stock Bushy upper. Not worth that much. Having a stock A2 around is kinda nostalgic. I would like to have one. All of my A2s are NM uppers.

I agree with the other guys. Buy the complete White Oak upper w/Wilson Barrel. Keep or sell the Bushmaster.
Now, the trigger. John works the Geometry on a RR two stage and makes an extremely good shooting trigger. I would definetly recommend having this done.
Wind

Thanks guys. I will probably just keep the bushmaster A2 upper and just buy the complete WOA upper w/wilson barrel. I was thinking of compass lake also but I don't think the extra $$ can be justified. I know I couldn't shoot the difference, if there's any to begin with.

Alan

Agreed above.. and just for fun, if you call WOA to make the order, for 30$ more they will use a shilen 4 groove blank instead of the wilson 6 groove... at least they did for my 6.8.. just thought Id throw it out there

Is the shilen a better barrel for the AR? I don't really have much experience with Ar15's for accuracy.

Alan

Shilen has a little better rep, and 4 groove doenst hold carbon/crap like a 6 groove... Is it necessary, definately not... Just thought I'd put the info out there

This is a white oak BBL, 16" 7" twist, damned thing is a tac-driver.

SPRm4_recon1.jpg

+1 on getting an upper from them with matched bolt/carrier combo.

Unless you are shooting irons only (Service Rifle/CMP/ETC) there really isn't any need to get the sight pinning service.

I would get a 20" tube...get the Wilson barrel...shoot the crap out of it...and if your skills get to the point where the barrel is holding you back upgrade to a better blank.

Spend your money on a good Geissele trigger.