• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Whitetails in Kansas

knifenix

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Indianapolis, In.
We recently done a pheasant hunt in the Lacrosse,Kansas area. Many nice whitetails were spotted while walking to flush pheasants. I would like to return to Kansas for a whitetail hunt next year. I do not know any land owners in Kansas.Is anyone familiar with Kansas, and my questions is are the walk in areas worth hunting or to crowded to produce game?Any suggestions on locating an area to hunt or site you could refer me to would be greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Re: Whitetails in Kansas

The walk-in areas are hunted hard and bucks get pushed out early. Just figure that by the time deer season rolls around, there have been 3 weeks of bird hunters pounding dirt in the same places you would be looking to find deer. Frustrating to say the least. A guy can be successful, but it takes alot of work and patience- with people. Last year I had 3 instances where guys walked up on me or around me. Two of these instances, I know for a fact, they had parked behind my truck and still decided to hunt where I was. I was sitting within sight of where I was parked. Public hunting sux!

Non-resident draw applications are avail. In May-ish.

I figured as much. The pressure during bird hunting was quite intense. Maybe will try and find some private land owners willing to lease ground.I am 15 hours from Lacrosse area so it's tuff to research ground to hunt and be able to scout. Really enjoyed the country and the locals were super nice. Thanks for your info!

I live in dighton KS with access to quite a bit of private ground and tons of walk in.
pm me