• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who builds 6.5 PRC OTHER THAN GAP OR SAC?

Pva......every barrel/build I’ve had from them has been a shooter.

Seekins havak if you can find one, 4-6 month wait. Cabelas has the GAP Hunter, $4700

Reactions: HeavyAssault
It's not really a "build" but if you have an AIAX-MC you can get a 6.5 PRC bbl easy peasy - just call MHSA with your credit card handy. Think you need the LA version? Not sure...

It's not really a "build" but if you have an AIAX-MC you can get a 6.5 PRC bbl easy peasy - just call MHSA with your credit card handy. Think you need the LA version? Not sure...
It'll fit into a short action AI style magazine if you use one without a binder plate, but only just barely. It's a no-go for standard magazines with binder plates though.

I'm sure a lot of gunsmiths are making them now. We're running more this week and we've built 6.5 PRC's on TL3's, Origins, Nucleus, Mausingfield, Savage, Remington, and several Defiance recievers. It doesn't really require anything special if you have the gage set and appropriate reamer.

Go with PVA this is my 1k group with my hand load
IMG_0838.jpg

Reactions: BCX and stello1001
Is long action or short action the way to go on these?
Depends. If you only ever plan to shoot factory ammo from Hornady a short action will work just fine since the ELD-M offering from Hornady is 2.95" COAL and their ELD-X is 2.945" COAL (AI mags with no binder plate can fit up to 2.95" rounds).

If you want to hand load it would be best to either get the gunsmith to chamber the throat a bit shorter so you have more wiggle room for bullet loading, or just build on a medium or long action.

Bergara is bringing one out in 2019, dont know if I'd call that building..

Do you know which rifles they're going to offer the 6.5 PRC in? I'm curious if the entry level HMR will get the PRC or if it'll be reserved for the Premier line of rifles.

Do you know which rifles they're going to offer the 6.5 PRC in? I'm curious if the entry level HMR will get the PRC or if it'll be reserved for the Premier line of rifles.

The only one I know for sure will be the ridgeline, it's a greybow stock (The ridgeline) with their B17 action.

My pva PRC on a nucleus action

Attachments

• 20181023_214726.jpg
    20181023_214726.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 56
MPA has them as well. I picked one up off the rack from Xtreme Guns and Ammo.

Throated for the 147. Going to try to shorten the COAL on my handloads to 2.89 for a Ruger AI mag that I obtained to see if I still get the good groups and ED/SD with RL26. May try pushing some factory down also.

I've been really impressed with this round so far. I've built a handful of them and with the reamer I'm using, factory Hornady ELD M has been shooting well under 1/2". The last rifle I built will be heading to Colorado for elk in a few weeks. My customer called me back a few days ago and told me he shot a 3 round group using the Hornady eldX at 300y and could cover it with a dime.

what is a binder plate
It's an extra plate on the inside of the front of the magazine, at the seam where the magazine is welded together. It reduced the room for long cartridges inside the magazine by a fairly substantial amount. The intended purpose of it is to make the magazine more durable, but I personally haven't seen or heard of magazines without binder plates failing at the weld before.

images

You can see it at the front of the magazine there, the rectangular piece up against the front of the magazine between the mag body and the follower. It's just a piece of metal that runs the entire length of the magazine, meaning you can't run as long of bullets inside the magazine because the binder plate takes up space.

20181102_131209.jpg
There's a photo of the magazine I use most often, which is an AICS pattern magazine with no binder plate (made by Accurate Mag). As you can see my follower in the spacer kit I use is able to go all the way up to the magazine body since I don't have a binder plate in this magazine.