• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who can make a seating stem for DTACs for Whidden die?

Mr.Kirk

Staff Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Texas
Who makes seating stems? Apparently Whidden can’t get it right even when I sent them the bullets. Before I order Redding dies, like I should have, I want to waste a little more money on this damned aluminum die.

Whidden hasn't been doing so well lately in the quality department. I've been reading several people not happy with them.

You can, either by how Bill described, or lapping it. You’ll have to sacrifice a couple bullets to do it but it works if you’re getting rings on the bullets. Chuck a bullet up in a drill with some fine lapping compound applied and go to town. If they’re too long and skinny and smashing into the top of the stem then the lapping method obviously won’t work.

If you can return the Whiddens I think that would be the best route and just get some Redding’s or Forster. I bought my last set of Whidden dies years ago.

Whatever stem came with the dies damaged the bullets. U sent whidden two dtacs and the stem they sent me does the exact thing as original stem. I’ll try bedding one with supermetal next week.
Thanks

Caliber being not specified I'll just say the Forster ultra micrometre seater stem in 6 creed fit the 115 Dtacs and 110 skm perfectly.

It’s a 6mmSLR. I’m ordering a Forster micrometer seater for a 243, it’s basically the same.
I like the Forster stuff, it’s always correct.
Thanks