• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who can reload my brass?

DukeGSP

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2019
I recently did a trade with a guy on a rifle and he included 100pc's of brass for the .338 Lapua… the problem is, I don't reload and don't intend to. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on someone who might be willing to reload these for me. I'd like to send someone this brass and pay to have it reloaded. the brass is new brass and never been fired. the Gentleman has given me the load data that he used when he owned the gun so I'm hoping this makes things easier. or if someone has a highly recommended company that does this, that would be great too. Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure you would want someone to reload FOR you. I dont think that ever works out well for either party. Why not get some help and make a small investment to do it yourself? Then if you blow your face off, there is no one else to blame.

A single stage press kit is not very much. One jug of powder, 100 primers, bullets and dies and 2 or 3 good books; you are on your way.

This sight is a great resource for helping to learn to roll your own.

I second gator... get a decent single stage press kit, or copy some of the other equipment people here have. You dont need to spend a fortune.

Honestly, for the price I've seen for 338lapua, it would take like 100rounds to totally recoup your cost, if you didnt go get every high end contraption.

Otherwise, if you're in southern california, you can come by my house and use my equipment and I dont give a shit. I'll help you reload.

Reactions: jd138 and Lesch
um, why not just shoot factory Ammo?

I can’t imagine paying someone to reload for me and expect it to be cheaper and better than the factory offerings out there.

it's crossed my mind many times and I don't have a good enough reason NOT to reload, I just don't know where I would set it up and find the time to learn.

was just hoping there was a company that would do loads to a desired data and just be a "wam bam thank you ma'am" sorta deal. I didn't factor in the liability it holds.

I'm in South Georgia, I go to camp Pendleton a few times for work but, I doubt I'll be out that way anytime soon!

just didn't want the brass going to waste so figured I'd try and have it reloaded. looks like I'll be shooting a factory load.

Unless you have a close friend to help, these matters can get complicated. The guy helping really cannot win, unless he has the Lic for it, he cannot charge, most likely not insured if something goes awry,
I'm sure there are plenty of guys once you get to know them who'd gladly let you use their equipment, but you say you have no interest. Just find suitable factory ammo.

Reactions: DukeGSP
Not trying to burst any ones bubble, but....
First time reloader + 338 Lapua = mucho risko big boomy!!!!

Dombern I encourage you to reload if that's what you want but starting out with a 338 might be a bad idea. Plus lots of research on components and test methods.

What other rifles do you shoot now?

I recently did a trade with a guy on a rifle and he included 100pc's of brass for the .338 Lapua… the problem is, I don't reload and don't intend to. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on someone who might be willing to reload these for me. I'd like to send someone this brass and pay to have it reloaded. the brass is new brass and never been fired. the Gentleman has given me the load data that he used when he owned the gun so I'm hoping this makes things easier. or if someone has a highly recommended company that does this, that would be great too. Thank you in advance.
There is always Clay’s Cartridge Company. He does custom reloading for guys just like you. They send him their rifle and he will send back as many loaded rounds as you would like for your rifle. He loads for several of the top PRS shooters in the country. You will not find anyone better and a good guy to boot.

Copper Creek, Clays Cartridge Company, McCourt.

I’d start with those. They ain’t gonna be cheap, but they have good reputations.

I appreciate everyone's recommendations! just wanted to explore all possibilities. maybe I should look into it.

Not trying to burst any ones bubble, but....
First time reloader + 338 Lapua = mucho risko big boomy!!!!

Dombern I encourage you to reload if that's what you want but starting out with a 338 might be a bad idea. Plus lots of research on components and test methods.

What other rifles do you shoot now?

I agree, I don't wanna hurt this money maker (jk i'm ugly)

I shoot a lot, 6mm,6.5,.308,.223,.224,.257,6.8,7mm,.300, etc...……………...never saved any brass...

If you don't want to learn to reload I would sell the brass and shoot factory. There are a few commercial reloaders around but they tend to come and go. Most handloaders won't reload for others, either due to the liability issues or to time restraints.

I second everyone else saying to just do it yourself. I made the leap about a year ago and haven’t looked back. There’s tons of really helpful people here and other places on the internet like YouTube that will help teach you. As far as learning on a 338, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I learned with a 300 Win Mag and had zero problems. Just make sure you do a lot of learning and go slow first.

I have had Redline Balistics in San Diego do custom pistol loads for me in the past. I specified powder charge and type and he did the rest

you could reload your own brass . I believe in you , you can do it . you may not want to but you can do it . :oops:

Reactions: culater
I hate to be the one seen as putting a turd in the punch bowl but I wouldn't load ammo for another person because 1. they should learn it 2. it could be considered manufacturing ammo and you'd need an FFL for that? like if I milled an 80% lower for a friend....not legal.

I don't see any scenario that this works out for either the reloader (who risks liability and has to have proper liscencing) or the shooter (not likely to get someone to do all that work for free and then you pay to ship both ways). Seems like shooting new is the only reasonable approach. Maybe need to rethink your cartridge choice if that doesn't work for you.

Since you don't want to reload for the 338 lapua you should sell it an buy a different cal so you won't go broke shooting it. A 338 lapua will eat your life savings away fast.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Just sell the brass and buy factory. No one (including you) wants someone to reload 338 LM for you.

Reloading isn't that hard--I'm a big fan--but you need to commit time and money to doing it right... and 338 LM isn't the place to half ass. If you want to learn, it can definitely be done, but I just don't think having 100 pcs of spare brass is a reason to start if you're not that into it.

some of you either need to read the thread, or not comment when you dont have knowledge on a subject

look at the other calibers he shoots. pretty sure he can shoot a 338LM cost wise

and there were tons of licensed reloaders who will load 338LM for you, and they were mentioned here. McCourt, copper creek, unknown etc e even askes what companies do this sort of thing

Reactions: Muley Buck
Clay’s Cartridge Company can take care of you. I shoot with Clay regularly and he produces quality ammo.