• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who can Thread my Barrel 5/8x24 TPI on an HS Precision HTR with 24" Heavy barrel?

Variable Alpha1

Private
Banned !
Jan 29, 2014
Madison Heights, MI
I have an HS Precision Pro-Series 2000 HTR rifle in .308 caliber. It has a Heavy Fluted 24" barrel with 1x12 twist. I would like to find someone or a business that can Professionally thread the barrel so that I can run a Suppressor on it. I need 5/8x24 TPI threading done.

I don't want to spend a lot to have this done. Who can do this and do a Great Job at a good price?

Thanks

You might be able to find a quality adaptor at midway. That is what I did for my HS hunting rifle. Imwent from the HS 9/16x24 to 5/8x24 with an adaptor.

You are close to GAP. They can do that no prob

+1 take it to GAP and you won't have to worry about the work quality. A little piece of mind and assurance that you don't put a round through the end cap of your suppressor.

I called HS Precision and spoke to one of their Tech Support lackies and the guy told me that it would cost $900 to $1000 dollars to thread the barrel on one of their rifles. I told the guy that he was High and that I needed what ever he was smoking, than hung up on the guy. $1000 bucks to thread a barrel. These people are a bunch of Fu@*ing Morons.

I called HS Precision and spoke to one of their Tech Support lackies and the guy told me that it would cost $900 to $1000 dollars to thread the barrel on one of their rifles. I told the guy that he was High and that I needed what ever he was smoking, than hung up on the guy. $1000 bucks to thread a barrel. These people are a bunch of Fu@*ing Morons.

I have the exact rifle. They told me it would cost around $1,500 to rebarrel it. Crazy. How does yours shoot? Do you like it?

I have an HS Precision Pro-Series 2000 HTR rifle in .308 caliber. It has a Heavy Fluted 24" barrel with 1x12 twist. I would like to find someone or a business that can Professionally thread the barrel so that I can run a Suppressor on it. I need 5/8x24 TPI threading done.

I don't want to spend a lot to have this done. Who can do this and do a Great Job at a good price?

Thanks

John Pierce
5122 North Grand River Ave.
Lansing, MI 48906
Phone: (517) 321-5051
(Superb custom stocks; fine machinist)
Pierce Engineering.

they can do it and do a fine job call them up

I have the TTD and had Chad Dixon fron Longrifles.com do my rifle threads and he was the only one who knew how to take off the barrels off the forend and gule it back on right.He said when Im ready to rebarrel he could do it for less then half. I have a 2 barrel set for it and still shoots lights out as long as I do my part. But give Pierce a call.

Last edited:
Awesome. That is local and only 65 miles away from where I live. I could drop it off and pick it up without the worry of it getting lost in the UPS system. Plus it will be cheaper than shipping it with insurance since my car gets 40 MPG on the freeway.

Thanks.....

Awesome. That is local and only 65 miles away from where I live. I could drop it off and pick it up without the worry of it getting lost in the UPS system. Plus it will be cheaper than shipping it with insurance since my car gets 40 MPG on the freeway.

Thanks.....

No problem, by the way what can are you getting?