• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who else keeps a "truck gun" with them?

3-0-hate

Captain Nimcompoop
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2011
Lost in Idaho...
I recently put together a 7.5" AR pistol (will form 1 soon) with the intention of keeping it in the truck (secured with an ArmA15 mount, hidden under the rear folding seat of my F-150). I live in Idaho and venture into the rural parts of the state often and you never really know what you might encounter. I always carry a pistol with me, but have decided to step it up a bit as of late.

Just curious about what you all think about the idea of a truck "gun"?

Heres the rig:
47214082481_fbf7e7eb5f_b.jpg

And the mount can be found here: https://arma15.com/products

Truck guns are a must. So many critters in the ditch that need to be parted with....skunks, possums, ditch cougars and so on.

My truck gun currently is a Ruger PC 9 carbine. It's great! Topped with an UH1 holo sight, super cheap to shoot with my specialty rolled 9mm ammo for that longer barrel, it's actually pretty deadly out to 100 yards.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I keep a car rifle as well as car pistols.
As far as a truck rifle... well it is Texas after all, if you are not a liberal, it's kind of a must.

Spikes 9mm glock lower with a Gibbs side charge upper 4.5” barrel waiting on my suppressor

Yes, there are a number of states that allow these "handguns" with a carry permit but wouldn't allow a short barreled rifle. What a great country.

Reactions: FishinGuns
I rock the AR15 almost always in the truck. As long as I've got no hunting gear, loaded rifles are GTG here with a CCP. Working on getting the parts together for a form1 10.5". Glock never leaves the hip.

Ar15 in a scabbard under backseat of f150. Glock 20 in holster under driver seat. S&W 380 in pocket holster in center console. So yes... truck guns are must have!

Sign MCX pistol for the truck rifle. The Mausingfield with the 16" 308 barrel is in there a bunch too.

I have a Romanian AK I put Magpul w/ folding stock furniture on. I could get in behind the back seat of my Tacoma w/ an old E. German mag pouch and 4 30 round mags. It was the cheapest gun I own so I would miss it the least. I got tired of worrying about it and pulled it out.

Have a lower that I'm gong to build a 300 Blackout pistol with. As mentioned above, you can keep a loaded pistol but not rifle in the passenger area of vehicle here.

Anybody wanna buy an AK? Still have all the OG lacquered wood furniture.?

I really want to like the idea, even tried it for awhile; but I lost interest. My AO is suburban not rural, so maybe that's part of my impressions. I "get" that it might have more use in a primarily rural area. I carry a pistol every day, THAT is my truck gun. My RMRd Glock is good out to (past) 50m, add a brace (Im currently looking at the FLUX Brace) and its an easy 100m gun, switch to 357Sig or 10mm and the range increases further.

NO a 9mm or even 10mm doesn't have the power of 556, Im just not sure I need it in my AO. To be clear Im not opposed to a truck gun, Im just not sure it works for ME

P-83 Wanad. And an SKS. Reliable surplus shit that I don't lose sleep over. Pre 9/11 it was just an old Marlin 30-30 and .38 revolvers.

G22 here with hi cap mags.... They frown on loaded rifles...

Ar15 with 3 mags. Bear Creek barrel on aero ae set. Never know what you might need to shoot.

The MP7 was an issued work gun. Did you notice the M79 grenade launcher? :)

MP7s are interesting little guns, but surprisingly less controllable than a 416. I’ve come full circle and prefer a DI AR-15.

Last edited:
The MP7 was an issued work gun. Did you notice the M79 grenade launcher? :)

MP7s are interesting little guns, but surprisingly less controllable than a 416. I’ve come full circle and prefer a DI AR-15.

I was wondering the same thing about the MP7, not many in civy hands, mostly LE. The 4.6x30mm round looks like it would definitely be fun to shoot in that platform in FA. Of course the M79 would be fun too...

My truck/SUV gun:

20190317_001456.jpg

7.5" 300Blk, pretty average AR pistol. Loaded with 130gr Speer HP handloads, nice little round.

Last edited:
I don't keep a truck gun. I keep an IFAK with a tourniquet and Quickclott in every truck/car, though. I also CC basic firepower to get me out of a jam. If I have time to go back to my vehicle and grab a carbine then it's probably not my problem anymore anyway.

I've always wanted a truck with an Xbox in it. I'd just go get it stuck and play video games away from the girlfriend.

I don't keep a truck gun. I keep an IFAK with a tourniquet and Quickclott in every truck/car, though. I also CC basic firepower to get me out of a jam. If I have time to go back to my vehicle and grab a carbine then it's probably not my problem anymore anyway.

I've always wanted a truck with an Xbox in it. I'd just go get it stuck and play video games away from the girlfriend.
Hahahahaha sweeet

I have installed many of playstation and xbox in vehicles for friends. Definitely makes wheeling trips fun. Need an inflatable projector screen and some FPS video games to get the full effect on camping trips though.....lol

Ponder this, IF you have time to run back to the truck--You probably don't need a truck gun.....

Im all about cool guns, I just don't see any more reason to justify them than because I want 'em. I used to think I needed a get home gun incase of riots (I used to live in Baltimore); but I realized if I was on foot in a riot area I needed more than I could carry. As a father and son project, we built (we as in Dad and his cheque book) a gun jeep, complete with a MG pedestal between the front and rear seats and a swing arm mount for the passenger door. Facing rearwards was a dual gatling mount for two drum fed AKs. It had a snorkel and a second spare tyre mounted on the hood plus some nice comms. It was a fun project and it got a lot of looks but not an everyday driver. It was cool but my Audi A8 was much sweeter to drive. I could fight with the Jeep but the A8's weapon was speed and handling.

Its a threat assessment thing for me.

IF Im in trouble, Im more interested in good comms and somebody listening on the other end. A well stocked first aid kit and knowledge to use it seems more useful.

Again much of my reasoning is based on my suburban AO. If I was rural, especially a rural area with dangerous four legged game, Id want a Drilling (maybe a double rifle drilling) in something like 9.3x74R with a 12ga.

On a lesser note, has anyone tried a RMR'd Glock for daily carry?

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 136
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 100
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 141
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    478.8 KB · Views: 137
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    485.6 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
Mine aren’t about, “if I have time to run back to my truck”.

I’m already in my truck a significant amount of time.

I’ve used mine countless times for coyotes, injured deer and elk, and sick or injured livestock.

I’ve also had two off duty attempts on my life and one on my wife, so being ready is just part of life.