• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who else loves Texas country music?

It's hard to take these "country singers" seriously when they are singing about "red neck, dirt road, po'country boy, hard working, beer drinking, honest living"........while they Are driving around in Bentleys and wearing $300 jeans, and a pair of Jordans....

Fucking panderers

No different than the "studio gangster" rappers who rap about killing and the thug life ...but they grew up in Beverly hills......

The only current country singer who I know is a legit "country boy" is Riley Green......and that's only because my wife was friends with him in HS, and she's from podunk Alabama....
Overall, I can only think of a handful of country singers who were/are the real deal. Cowboy music is a bit different, but a ways off the beaten path. Red Stegall, Dave Stamey, Wadie Mitchell, Don Edwards, Ian Tyson. All pretty legit. Nashville “country”... well King George, Chris Ledoux, Ned, Trent wilmon, Justin McBride had a few songs do ok. Red dirt scene might have a few more to add, but “Country Boy”, “cowboy” and “redneck” ... the lines are all over.

I got tired of shitty modern country radio a few years ago. I spend a lot of time in the car, and I basically just use Pandora now. Looking through my relevant channel’s curated history from the past few days;

Cody Jinks
Tyler Childers
Colter Wall
Randy Rogers Band
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Muscadine Bloodline
Whiskey Myers
Bart Crow Band
Cody Johnson
Turnpike Troubadours
Casey Donahew Band
Charlie Robison
Seven Miles South
Matt Mason
Uncle Lucius
Chris Knight
Jason Boland & the Stragglers
Eli Young Band (their pre-radio stuff)

I’ll edit at the end of my shift to add some more as I listen to my channel the rest of the night.

I got to go see Cross Canadian Ragweed twice before they split up. Wish I’d been sober enough to remember the first time (showed up late to the pre-game party, drank entirely too much whiskey) but the second concert was awesome. 😂 Got to see Casey Donahew Band at Joe’s on Weed Street in Chicago a few years ago and they were awesome.
Man I forgot about Seven Miles South. Awesome music; I used to listen to them all the time.

Reactions: Anb618
Been diggin Steel Woods lately. Cody johnson is a staple, bunch here already listed. Ill be checking out some new to me names!