• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing who going west this year 2014 and where

m beebout

Minuteman
Aug 18, 2013
a few of us are going to Wyoming again this year anyone else heading west this fall? I got a nice mule deer buck and cow elk last year and hoping for same this year

Not west, but I'm heading SE to ND for pheasant and SSE to TX to hunt Aoudad with Mulie Mike. I hate to wish a nice summer away but I kinda wish it were fall already! :D

Combo of bow hunting private land that borders RMNP for elk and bow for deer closer to home on more private land. Land belongs to friends who don't hunt and don't like elk or venison. Then first Rifle for elk with my dad and brother, gonna be an awesome time.

I got an Idaho bear/wolf hunt in the spring. Put in for a moose tag in the Big Horns, I need to wait for the draw before I decide on where to hunt elk. If I get the moose tag then I'll put in for the Big Horns, if not I'll put in for the Black Hills (closer to home and better weather).

Antelope will be just west of town, about 12 miles from my house, that's always a gimmie. Deer? I'll probably hunt deer on my property, the more I can shoot, the less eating my hay.

If things work out (time wise), I'm hoping to take my lab to SD pheasant hunting.

Going to try to get to WY for speed goats if any of the units where I got leads on private ranches have left over tags. I'm wanting to fill the freezer with a couple speed goat doe's.

I got an Idaho bear/wolf hunt in the spring. Put in for a moose tag in the Big Horns, I need to wait for the draw before I decide on where to hunt elk. If I get the moose tag then I'll put in for the Big Horns, if not I'll put in for the Black Hills (closer to home and better weather).

Antelope will be just west of town, about 12 miles from my house, that's always a gimmie. Deer? I'll probably hunt deer on my property, the more I can shoot, the less eating my hay.

If things work out (time wise), I'm hoping to take my lab to SD pheasant hunting.

Same boat here, waiting to find out if I draw moose before I make up my mind on which tags to go after.....if you need help thinning the deer......I'm a meat hunter.....

Going on my first hunt ever, for Elk in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado 2nd week of October. I am so pumped its all I ever think about haha. I am going on a semi guided hunt with my pops, his old LE buddy and another guy that is a LEO for LA. Ill be out there for 7 or 8 days going in on horseback cant wait!!!!

ive hunted the san jaun

Going on my first hunt ever, for Elk in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado 2nd week of October. I am so pumped its all I ever think about haha. I am going on a semi guided hunt with my pops, his old LE buddy and another guy that is a LEO for LA. Ill be out there for 7 or 8 days going in on horseback cant wait!!!!
check out the preech gouch trail in unit 711 ive always seen game when walking it from top to bottom

Heading to Colorado at the end of October for Eastern Plains mulies again this year...........counting the days!!

I stay west! haha. but for real, ill be heading back to Kansas for some good ol whitetail and new mexico for lion in the fall. then wayyyy farrr west to England for Chinese water deer and muntjak.

Not too far west, but west for me. Going to be near Aberdeen, SD for pheasant and transition straight to southern Iowa for the first week of November with an archery tag. Gonna be a fun couple of weeks.

i live in laramie so if any of y'all need a place to crash this coming season give me a holler!!

hoping to get a few left over doe tags, ild like to get at least one antelope and one mulie but we'll see how the cards play out! if my residency kicks in before season i oughta see if i can get a buck tag. geese and duck down in colorado too. hopefully plenty of fishing too. gonna try to fill a chest freezer this year. getting tired of grocery store meat.

Headed for another DIY archery elk hunt in the Colorado backcountry, OTC unit. Building CO preferences points in the meantime. Also accumulating points in Wyoming for deer & elk for the future.
Good luck, dudes!

Staying right here to hunt.....mule deer, elk, antelope, black bear, and wolf. Fingers crossed on drawing a sheep, goat, or moose permit here as well.

Going to Wyoming for antelope and black bear.

Headed to Ohio this fall for archery. Need summer to be over already. Hoping to head to Wyoming in 2015.

Headed to New Mexico, Oklahoma and Kansas for coyotes with 2 other buddies with our decoy dogs and try to lay down some footage. June 6-12 hope we can make some famous.