• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has a Holiday deal on a GOOD spotting scope

The Gen 1 Kowa 883 & 884 are currently discounted at CameralandNY:

Reactions: Secant
I'm selling a Vortex Viper. New in the box. $600 shipped and no tax.

What’s your budget?

Kowa 883/4 with 25-60 eyepiece for $2500 from Cameraland
Kowa 99a/s with 30-70 eyepiece from Liberty optics for $3,000.

Sportsman’s warehouse has Vortex Razor 20-60 for $800.

Reactions: BurtG
Realize you may still be unable to see groups beyond 300 depending on a lot of things other than the scope.

Reactions: Keith E.
Realize you may still be unable to see groups beyond 300 depending on a lot of things other than the scope.
Yes I’ve wondered about that where we go to shoot there is nobody that has anything really high-end and I would dearly love to look through one of those high-end scope to see if it’s worth spending the money or I’m just throwing money away on a spotting scope.

I wouldn't discourage someone from spending gun money...

I have a Kowa and it's a great scope.

Still lots of mirage or choosing the wrong target backer limits its ability to spot.

At 600 you will not see 30 caliber holes unless someone is jamming a spotter disc in them.

I opted for weight reduction in my optics and the Kowa stays in the closet most of the time it's spot filled in my pack by a surplus 20X M-49 good to 300 and okay to see the first one or two splashes on steel beyond. It's better use would be looking for wind/mirage at points out toward your target.

We have almost everything either already reduced for Black Friday or will be reduced this week, however, if you call us, 516-217-1000, we will give you reduced pricing as well as discuss different options with you to get you into the correct scope for you.

Reactions: 7mm-08 Freak
I’m looking for something too. Good timing on this thread.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug