• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has large & small r ifle primers

Aquatic_Robotic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2011
East Texas
Anyone have a reasonably priced "IN STOCK" source for?????

Fed Prem GM210M large rifle primers

Fed Prem GM205M small rifle prmers

Everyone around me is SOLD OUT

Thanks

Re: Who has large & small r ifle primers

From what my Primer Dealers friends have said, they are Back Ordered for Small Rifle for 8moths, Small Pistil backed up 3months and most others are are coming in sporadically

i happen to know a guy who bought 50000 2 months ago
whistle.gif
nothing match though

Did he also buy 330lbs of powder and 50000 bullets?? If not what the hell does he need with 50000 primers?? Assholes like that are causing the problems we have today.

I too wish I could find some small rifle primers (1-5K). I did run across a place called brunos shooters supply that said in stock but they won't answer the phone for me to confirm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xp100man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello, My name is....... and i'm an asshole. </div></div>

<--another asshole here.

However, most of the shops in my AO are well stocked in primers and powders so...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did he also buy 330lbs of powder and 50000 bullets?? If not what the hell does he need with 50000 primers??</div></div>

Although my round count is no longer as high, there was a time 50K wouldn't have lasted the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raptor99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Assholes like that are causing the problems we have today. </div></div>

I bought only 40,000 primers, bullets and powder to match. Do I qualify?

This was a routine order I placed before recent events. Some of us learned from history.

I was in your shoes '08-'09 , Learned my lesson then and said NEVER again , now I'm an Asshole .

Bruno's are good people to deal with .

I figured they probably were and I know at this point in time that everyone is busy but I am always leary of things when I can't get anyone on the phone. With the "stock" that companies have these days I want to make sure "in stock" is actually in stock before I place an order and it gets put on a "back order" and they charge my card anyways and then I can't get anyone to answer the phone to cancel a backorder lol! Seems like a lot of drama but I've been there before :)

I'll still keep hunting around, besides it was the cci br-4 match primers and from what I've read they sometimes will fit in the pocket a little sloppy? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I have 20k rounds in stock across 5 calibers and I consider myself vastly understocked. The moment I find more, I will buy more. I just took a reloading class and bought most of the RCBS gear I could find. Now that I'm setting everything up, I've been trying like mad to find powder and primers. I even thought about visiting a local store (which I never do) to see if they had something. Sucks to be me at the moment, but my gun club is doing a group by and I'm ordering 3 x 8lb jugs of 6 different powders so I'm never out of supplies again.

If you can afford it, buy everything you can. If you don't have the foresight to stock yourself well when the industry was prosperous (like early 2012), then lesson learned.

would any of you guys use wolf small rifle primers? I don't want to just order 1 box if with the hazmat fees being so high. Would it be worth it to get several?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 67rschev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in your shoes '08-'09 , Learned my lesson then and said NEVER again , now I'm an Asshole .

Bruno's are good people to deal with . </div></div>

By a stroke of absolute luck, I didn't get caught with my pants down in 2008.

However, I'm not one that must learn the hard way...so I sure as shit didn't get caught with my pants around my ankles this time, either.

Component prices DON'T come down, provided we're not talking about "hysteria" prices.

Someone who stocked up between July and October 2012 will not regret it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abilliott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would any of you guys use wolf small rifle primers? I don't want to just order 1 box if with the hazmat fees being so high. Would it be worth it to get several? </div></div>

If I could find them, I'd buy 5000 of them today. Did you find any?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abilliott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would any of you guys use wolf small rifle primers? I don't want to just order 1 box if with the hazmat fees being so high. Would it be worth it to get several? </div></div>

Wolf/TULA = good to go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TriggerHappy44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abilliott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would any of you guys use wolf small rifle primers? I don't want to just order 1 box if with the hazmat fees being so high. Would it be worth it to get several? </div></div>

If I could find them, I'd buy 5000 of them today. Did you find any? </div></div>

Here: http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=WOLFSMMAG

I just hate that they are 40 bucks a thousand + the hazmat fee. I feel like maybe I just need to back order them from brownells?

$40/1000?

Damn.

Normally ~$25 from powder valley.

That's crazy. Tula is usually $20 at PV.

I know if they weren't so bad I would try some but I just can't bring myself to it, that's 395 for the 10,000 I want plus shipping plus hazmat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's crazy. Tula is usually $20 at PV. </div></div>

Not sure "usually" is going to work in 2013. The market has changed.

PV is showing Tula SRM (KVB556M) in stock now.

The tula's from PV are good to go. I bought 15k Wolf SRM from Wideners for $14/1k, along with all of their 8208xbr, just one week before this panic hit...thankfully. I'm stocked to be able to shoot just fine for the next year and half to two years. 2008 taught me a lot.

Dont feel bad, Being a beginning reloader, i was not aware of the political pull on reloading components. Next election if we ever get caught up, i will be the ass-hole thats stocked up!!!