• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has the best ballistic app for 22lr? I was thinking Strelok-Pro

nockhunter

Private
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2010
    upstate ny
    There are a lot of ballistic app out there, which one has the best 22lr info? What are you using and why?

Mike

Reactions: Kenmc
    Every one I have ever tried needs tweaking to match dope. No idea what would make an app best for you.

Lapua Ballistics is free and nice on an ipad. I like the ballistic table display. Nice for NRL22 because I can get hold offs for all the in between ranges on one screen along with holds off I have for dope. Makes it fast to either have confidence in the calculated value or know I need to shoot it.

This works nicely for me. Other great feature is saving all the variables for different lots/ammo and guns . YMMV

WOW one reply! Thanks Outdoors for your response. No one uses any ballistic app, or are you afraid that someone might beat you with the app you suggested?

Mike

StrelokPro has been the most consistent for me. I have to make a few adjustments out past 350 but 200 and in is gold. I’ve tried my kestrel, lapua, Hornady and regular strelok.

Reactions: iceng
    I am pretty much in agreement with most in here. Strelok Pro has worked well for me, although it took a little tweaking to get everything sorted out. Making adjustments to the velocity and BC using POI vs POA really put it dead on.

I'll be the odd man out and say I really like Hornady 4dof. I used to use Shooter app and still do like to use it from time to time for its simplicity. But I seem to gravitate toward the Hornady 4dof more often.

I have tried several different apps and always come back to Strelok pro. I think the most import thing is to find software you are comfortable using and figure out how to use all its features. I sat at night and played with Strelok for hours figuring out how everything with it worked. My biggest recommendation however is to trust the bullet as Frank says. I see huge velocity swings with rimfire from 20 to 90 degrees and I don’t think any software has really figured out how to accurately account for that with rimfire ammo.

Reactions: Outdoors
    StrelokPro matches up with my Kestrel very well. You can refresh the outdoor conditions as you shoot and it really makes a difference.

Thanks.
    By best, I am looking for the most 22lr friendly. Like compatibility with different brands, and being able to fine tune to conditions.

Mike

I agree with StrelokPro.

As a MD of NRL22X/PRS Rimfire style matches (we shoot monthly out to 438y) I have seen both AB and StrlokPro work. However, I personally use StelokPro.

I sell a metric shit ton of Bergara B14R's (locally and here on the Hide) and I have never seen StrelokPro not line up to the T from 35y out to 438y and everything in between. Just like with all apps, "Garbage in = Garbage out. Enter all of your inputs exactly as they are on your gun. Also, use I use the DA for atmospherics and enter the current ambient temp for the powder temp. I use my old Kestrel 4500 (?) for current atmospherics.

I use the Strelok Pro and on 22lr, 6.5, and 308. Always gets me on "paper".

For you that use the Strelok on 22lr, I have used the RA4 BC and also G1 - not sure which is more accurate. I've heard the RA4 is intended for 22lr. So what's everyone else using?

There are a lot of ballistic app out there, which one has the best 22lr info? What are you using and why?

Mike
    I use BallisticsARC. The app data can get me very close to target. At 220 yards it's off by 0.2 mil. It also has a "muzzle velocity correction" function.

I currently use my kestrel with AB and previously use strelok pro. Once they were both tuned to my rifle neither one was better than the other. I just like using the kestrel opposed to my phone while in a match is the only reason I switched from strelok.

The best I have found has been the Kestrel 5700 Elite AB using the DSF calibration, but for a pure software app solution I prefer Strelok Pro for all my cartridges including 22LR subsonic.