• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Who has the best pricing (and quality) for threading 3 AI barrels?

jlficken

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2006
Aurora, NE
I've decided to start running brakes and have 3 AI barrels that need threaded.

Any recommendations for where to send them that has decent turnaround times and pricing?

How far is Denver from where u r in NE? I would say mile high shooting is a good choice.

Remember in this game "Cheap Is Cheap"

There's also nothing wrong with not wanting to be bent over either if the end result is of equal quality.

I can't imagine what MHSA could do differently than LRI to justify the 75% price increase considering what LRI is capable of.

Last edited:
I’ll just say this, @LongRifles Inc. does fantastic work. But, MHSA has one of maybe 2 qualified armorers in this country. It’s all he does. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Qualified armorer for what? AI?

I'm not sure barrel threading really requires an AI qualified armorer.
You do you. I’m just offering up a suggestion. I have no doubt if you go with LRI the results will be excellent.

I agree with your sentiment, 175/ barrel is a rip-off though. That’s what all 3 should cost IMHO.

I get the impression LRI has automated a lot of this type of work. And MHSA does it manually.

I've decided to start running brakes and have 3 AI barrels that need threaded.

Any recommendations for where to send them that has decent turnaround times and pricing?

In/out in a day or two. Muzzle threading goes quickly for us. Typically a "walk in" has them back in under 2 hours, same day.

Happy to help.

C.