• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns who has the most rounds through a pistol?

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
i have a 1911 with about 3500 through it
my glock 19 has probably 4k or so through it
my others are new so not a whole lot

my pistol at work probably had 20k plus rounds through it when i turned it in (p226)

Re: who has the most rounds through a pistol?

Beretta 92FS issued at work- 8000 rounds

Beretta m9a1(purchased myself for work)-4300 rounds.

I don't care what anyone says about the Beretta 92. I love that gun for duty.

I may have near 20k through a Ruger MkII. It's my bullseye gun and what I grab anytime I head to the woods.

I have a 1978 built Ruger standard (pre MK1) .22 pistol that I have put 18,250 or so rounds through in the past three years. I couldn't say how many rounds were fired before I got it. It finally needs new springs but still functions fairly well.

I have an old heritage rr that easily has 20k plus through it maybe even 30k? havent exactly counted but its a fair amount.

1991A1 Colt Commander w/about 4000
G17 about 6000
STI limited gun I bought from a shooting buddy (that another buddy had built) is at around 30000 between the three of us.
Ruger MKII is probably somewhere in the teens but only 2-3000 of those since I put the Tac Solutions threaded barrel on it.

That's a hard question to answer. No so much which gun but how much ammo was fired in that gun.

I'd have to say my Series 70 Gold Cup. I got it in the Mid 70s. I was running the marksmanship unit for the National Guard, from about then until I retired in 92.

If anyone knows about dealing with the military ammo system, you know how hard it is to turn ammo back in. So come the end of the year, you have to shoot it or loose your next years allocation. So I ended up shooting cases of military 45 each year.

During the 80s when the army was getting ready to switch to the 9mm they stopped making 45s and ran out. To keep in the shooting game I bought powder and primes, had casting parties, cast and load lead bullets. Then the army bought 45 ammo from Israel. Now I'm setting on 5 gal buckets of cast bullets, and loading components.

When I retired the new property book officer refused to have anything to do with reloading, or components, so I got stuck with them. I'm still shooting the stuff.

Over the last 35 or so years it would be a safe guess to say I've went through over 100 K rounds through my Colt.

I can never stick to one gun. I do have dozens of thousands through several though, a Kimber .45, a Ruger Mk III 22/45, an STI 2011, S&W M&P9 Pro, etc.

I have an SV Infinity ipsc open gun with over 60,000 rounds on it. Its on its second barrel. Another one has over 40,000 on its original barrel.

STI EDGE, 40cal, Major power factor

I've ben shooting USPSA since 05
well over 100000 rounds, the slide cracked in half
replaced the slide and barrel, good as new.
STI Tactical Compact 40cal, backup/3gun,gun
maybe 10000 in that one.
CZ 75's, Compact carry guns, a few thousand

glock 19, after 89,000 rds the barrel wouldn't hold 4 inch at 25 yds, replaced the barrel and have over 95,000 now. No jams ever and never broke anything other than the barrel. Shooting USPSA and steel matches every weekend for 3 years will do that to your pistol.
Cheers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RockSteady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the question is, where do you guys get all the money for that many rounds? </div></div>

I load them myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RockSteady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the question is, where do you guys get all the money for that many rounds? </div></div>

I load them myself. </div></div>

Rimfire is dirt cheap. I'd have a tough time shooting 1000's of CF if I didn't reload myself.

9k through my Walther P22 4yrs old sent to Walther all ready to replace slide. Sending back soon to fix other broken parts.
2k through my Springfield 1911 A1 4 months old.

Right around 5k through my M & P 9 in the last 9 months (haven't owned it a year yet)... 35+ thousand out of the Ruger Mark III, if that counts...

i have a SP gun that has roughly 16 rounds through it give or take 15