• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Who here hunts with their designated precision rifle?

My SCAR17 is my regular hunting rifle. Whacked more pigs and deer with it and the occasional yote than all my others combined....

Just this year I've taken out:

Barrett MRAD for coyotes at 800+ during the day
Mk12Mod1 with PVS24 for night time coyotes that dont want to walk up to me
M110K1 with PVS30
Mk12ModH with PVS24
2 different SR15 rifle setups

On the 'to do' list of shit to take out hunting:

Ak74 Krinkov
M249
can you please post a video of the kill with a 249? especially if its got one of them fully fully fully auto magic buttons on der gun.

I’ve shot several deer with my AI AE and have even lent it to my brother. He’s has taken several deer with it.

can you please post a video of the kill with a 249? especially if its got one of them fully fully fully auto magic buttons on der gun.

There was a thread in the NV forum where someone was hunting with a pistol. I posted that I was going to try to do it at night with the 249.

Ours actually outruns the rate of fire its listed to have so its in the process of having something worked on as far as the hammer length being slightly changed to slow it down a little.

Definitely going to try and video whatever we do.

Reactions: BearNaked
Years ago when I was younger, and poor I deer hunted with my FAL using a B-Square slip on scope mount and a 3-9x optic, loaded with a purpose developed 308 load and 165g Nosler BT's. This load and combo never failed but the 10lb FAL is a turd to pack around and while reasonably accurate, I finally converted to a pair of decent hunting rifles: Win 94 trapper in 44mag with Ghost ring sights, and a custom Mauser in 270 with Leupold 3-9x. Both get the job done. I did take a wild boar a few years back using the FAL and the same load minus the scope at contact distance. One shot, one 325lb boar. Lots of pork chops.

Irish

There was a thread in the NV forum where someone was hunting with a pistol. I posted that I was going to try to do it at night with the 249.

Ours actually outruns the rate of fire its listed to have so its in the process of having something worked on as far as the hammer length being slightly changed to slow it down a little.

Definitely going to try and video whatever we do.
It would be a lot of fun im sure taking out a pack of hogs with that bad boy.

I should have an AI by the end of September and I'll be hunting with it this season. Tree stand hunting only for now but still I'll hunt with it everywhere I can feasibly haul it.

Reactions: WoobieJ
If deer are target I'm taking my custom 20 inch 308... If pigs are target taking the upgraded AR.

I've hit with the AR out to 600 and wouldn't hesitate to let fly on pigs that far.

Hit with the 308 out to 1k... Would shoot to 500 for sure with it... But really spend more time watching deer than killing, we have solid numbers and only so much freezer space.

Also I bow hunting for deer mostly... With pigs... I'd use drone strikes if they would let me

1B2C8CF2-3868-4BF6-8450-480714ADED8D.jpeg

Not me ;)

I have but not my favorite way to go.

Salvage 28” 260 Criterion. 540 yards with a 100gr NBT
B89D8BA2-D493-4DDE-8411-E6A2B36B082F.jpeg

M700 Varmint chopped to 20” 308. Speer Hot-Cor at 200ish yards.
8AE91871-0AC1-4A25-9204-FD7BED236014.jpeg

I would definitely prefer to have a lighter weight hunting rifle, but so far I’ve just been using my “range/match” rifles. Last year it was a 308 in a Manners T6A that weighed around 15-16 lbs fully loaded. This year it’ll be a 6.5CM in an XLR Evolution chassis...weighs just shy of 20lbs? Yeah, I’m not looking forward to it. I’m no pussy, but the terrain we hunt in is steep and we do a lot of hiking around looking for the big critters! My solution is to save up for a Proof CF wrapped barrel to knock some weight off.
Am also considering just buying a Bergara HMR and throwing a lighter weight scope on it (MK5, AMG, etc). Would still be considered heavy to some, but anything less than 15 lbs will work for me.