• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who in here does or has done outside sales?

I do. started Out as a technician, then engineer, then project manager, now regional sales manager. I’m in a technical field, so my technical knowledge is very helpful, but at the end of the day, sales is about relationships, helping people, honesty.

I dabble (more triage) in sales when they need a voice or the sales person put their dick in the wringer. ...usually I just pay them lol

my brother is our head sakes guy, runs rings around most

if you would like advice from the top looking down/ from the other perspective reach out.

Reactions: Bender
Is there a good customer/lead tracking software? I’m in oil and gas/ measurement/manufacturing sales. I was a regional manager at my last company, but they closed my district and wanted me to ghost my clients. I really worked hard to build my relationships and I didn’t want to leave them hanging, so I rounded them up with verbal agreements to follow my team to a new company. All of them but one followed, I lost them the day I was going to call him about the transition, he got nervous and went with another company. That’s ok. No hard feelings, I’ll get him back eventually.

At any rate, we are doing ok actually, considering..... I looooove this job, I just want to make it work so I can do this for the next 20 years or more. What I’m getting at is we have a huge, paid off, manufacturing facility where we make anything from 9’ 2” meter tubes to 10’x40’ MCC building. It’s mostly oil and gas, but we have full time engineering and Master electricians. If I can sell it, they will build it. I want to branch out into more electrical or even infrastructure buildings. MCC’s PLC buildings, communications buildings, anything! I just want to know how/where to find leads for such engineering firms or companies. Our company is relatively new but it’s done/managed right, no debt, no clowns, just a great team. I just want to push to diversify. My boss is all for it! I just need to know where to look, where to hang out.

Done a ton of it. If your of average intelligence and have any social skills, at all, it's simply a numbers game. Like Tunni said, ask for the deal. The more people you talk to and the more you ask for the order, the more successful you'll be. Let rejection motivate you. Rejection means you're closer to the next deal.

I use Avention (now Dun and Bradstreet) and Zoominfo. Having a pretty wide LinkedIn circle helps, too.
Zoominfo is better for contact info, Avention is better at looking for M&A activities, buy signals, and legal stuff. LI is great when you need someone to broker an introduction.

That Ashley Madison dump I have is really great when you need to resort to "asymmetric tactics" to close a sale.😯

• Haha
Reactions: E-Tool and Bender
I had a inlaw that was in oil services.

In the old days they followed the triple B buisness model.

Booze Broads and blow.

One of the more tempting job offers I ever had.

• Haha
Reactions: E-Tool and Bender
I had a inlaw that was in oil services.

In the old days they followed the triple B buisness model.

Booze Broads and blow.

One of the more tempting job offers I ever had.
That was the old good oilfield, now it’s a bunch of dumb fuck kids with petroleum engineering degrees that thinks the companies handbook on business ethics is the Bible, I’ve had company men that wouldn’t even go eat a steak because they thought it was taking “favors” for work. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is there a good customer/lead tracking software? I’m in oil and gas/ measurement/manufacturing sales. I was a regional manager at my last company, but they closed my district and wanted me to ghost my clients. I really worked hard to build my relationships and I didn’t want to leave them hanging, so I rounded them up with verbal agreements to follow my team to a new company. All of them but one followed, I lost them the day I was going to call him about the transition, he got nervous and went with another company. That’s ok. No hard feelings, I’ll get him back eventually.

At any rate, we are doing ok actually, considering..... I looooove this job, I just want to make it work so I can do this for the next 20 years or more. What I’m getting at is we have a huge, paid off, manufacturing facility where we make anything from 9’ 2” meter tubes to 10’x40’ MCC building. It’s mostly oil and gas, but we have full time engineering and Master electricians. If I can sell it, they will build it. I want to branch out into more electrical or even infrastructure buildings. MCC’s PLC buildings, communications buildings, anything! I just want to know how/where to find leads for such engineering firms or companies. Our company is relatively new but it’s done/managed right, no debt, no clowns, just a great team. I just want to push to diversify. My boss is all for it! I just need to know where to look, where to hang out.
Hang out with hunter Biden! Your business will boom!😂

Sales is a numbers game. X amount of calls to get an appointment/sales pitch. X amount of sales pitches to get a deal/order.
don’t be afraid to call up a complete stranger, learn to handle objections and ask questions that get them saying yes then ask for their business.
my company (Commercial RE) uses Salesforce as CRM software. Holds our entire database of clients and prospects, tracks deal flow and closes out deals to generate an invoice.

Old days boat meets airplane in middle of bay boat goes to floating palace.

Festivities ensue, muti million dollar deals agreed upon.

Smuck inlaw gets offered job that has temptations that can't be turned down forever.

Smuck is poor but still has wife.

Some jobs are your last job if taken.
That was part of the deal.

Hi,

@Bender
MCC buildings have huge huge competition market as you well aware.
What about taking that knowledge and dumping into 10x40 self contained off the grid containers. That sector is rip for the picking.
From there go self contained container on wheels aka tiny homes.

Contact me for mailing address for my 2% consultations fee payments, lol

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

@Bender
MCC buildings have huge huge competition market as you well aware.
What about taking that knowledge and dumping into 10x40 self contained off the grid containers. That sector is rip for the picking.
From there go self contained container on wheels aka tiny homes.

Contact me for mailing address for my 2% consultations fee payments, lol

Sincerely,
Theis

We have done a shipping container storage unit for a company, ran it through our paint booth and added electrical outlets. Made 40% on it!

If your interested in potentially branching out of the O/G, take a look at prefabbing building for the data center industry. The large electrical contractor that I used to work for had a division dedicated to back up power, both generator and UPS racks. At the time we were looking for a company that could essential build a skid where we could install switchgear, battery bank UPS, and MCCs, essentially making a large plug and play PLC. After we got everything assembled, wired, and connected internally, the engineers slid in to pre-commission test the systems. Then the prefab builder would circle back and set the sides and top on the building. Then loaded on a truck and delivered to the customer site where it was set in place. All that was left was terminations and final commissioning/testing to manufacturer and owner specs. Data centers were our bread and butter, not to mention a booming industry. No reason why you couldn’t jump into that with where your already at now. With staff engineers and high caliber electricians, in 5 years you could completely transition out of the O/G sector, while making your company big money with only tremendous growth in the horizon.

If you get in tight with a large electrical contractor that is heavy in data center work you’ll be golden.

to be successful, know and love your product/service and the company you work for. otherwise it'll suck.

I've been known to help broker deals in regards to people getting their 72 virgin payout much faster than anticipated.

How can I help?

• Love
Reactions: Maggot
I've been known to help broker deals in regards to people getting their 72 virgin payout much faster than anticipated.

How can I help?

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Lao Tzu

Moving left to right...

1605224745316.png