• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Who in SE can rework threads on AR barrel?

LanceS4803

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2011
Middle TN
I am batting a big fat ZERO on properly cut threads on rifles using my BA30.

Both did not have an undercut of any type. (On my M700 we ended up using different washers to properly index.)
As my normal gunsmith is bolt guns only, is there someone in the Southeast (preferably, or anyone good for that matter) that is recommended to cut this and get it into spec?

Probably lots of shops that can do it and do it right but I would recommend a call to Accurate Ordnance in Winder, GA.
If you're in the Nashville area check with Sean at The Nashville Armory. He probably has a name for you.

Try [email protected]

He hasn't done any work for me but he has for some of my buddies. I have met him before and he seemed like a good guy. The rifles that I have seen that he's built have looked and shot great.

call compass lake engineering, ive had them do a number of little jobs for me and they have great prices and do wonderful work.

Not for sure where you are in mid Tn but there is a smith in Gallatin that does great work. Also know one in Oak Ridge that could take care of it for you if that by some chance.

Sam Hoster at Complete Gun Shop. 308 South Water Ave Gallatin, TN. 615-206-0075. His shop is in with a pawn shop/indoor range. Call before you go because I not for sure what days he is there. He does hot blueing off site one or two days a week.

Last edited: