• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Who installs adjustable cheek piece

ltfirehunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2008
Rock Spring Georgia
I have a Manners MCS-T1 stock that I would like to have an adjustable cheek piece (Terry Cross style)installed in.

Who can can make these modifications in a timely manner and not take 6 months to do it.

Re: Who installs adjustable cheek piece

Call manners. I'm sure they know how to modify third own product

I spoke to Manners via email, and they said due to the expense it would be be cheaper to buy a stock with the adj. cheek piece already installed.
Buy another stock, have it pillar bedded and so on.
I'll stick with what I have.

I know it doesn't exactly look like the KMW but you could DIY with a Karsten cheek piece and have it done in no time.

I'm not sure exactly what style the T-1 is but I have a T-3 on one of my rifles and if its at all similar you could do something like I did to this stock(not the t-3)

DSC01480.jpg

Made myself from a piece of Kydex, not adjustable but that could be fixed in 5 minutes by cutting slots into it. Took me about 15 minutes to make. Left the kydex in the oven for several minutes until it was nice and floppy then pulled it out and folded it over a form and cooled it rapidly with air duster held upside down.
By the way that is a "pitiful, subpar Stevens" that shoots well under moa.

that looks pretty good. couple questions.
what is kydex?
where do you get it?
how much is it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMikey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that looks pretty good. couple questions.
what is kydex?
where do you get it?
how much is it?
</div></div>

Kydex is a kind of plastic and has a smooth side and a textured side. I got a couple pieces from a member over on savageshooters.com He gave them to me for free so I don't really know how much it would cost, but I believe he said he originally acquired it from eBay so you might want to check that out.

I had this same issue a while back with the MCS-T. Sending the stock back to Manners is not an option. Tom is definitely good to work with, but the expense to have them redo it is just not worth it. From everything I have found, the saddle cheekpiece is the best option. I am actually thinking about having another stock made all together and sending the MCS-T back to them for some work that would include re-inletting the action and barrel channel for a sporting rifle. Just the route I am considering. I never was really happy with any of the saddle cheekpieces.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke to Manners via email, and they said due to the expense it would be be cheaper to buy a stock with the adj. cheek piece already installed.
Buy another stock, have it pillar bedded and so on.
I'll stick with what I have. </div></div>

Karsten cheek piece is an easy way to do it. Just follow the instructions